The Student Room Group

How good is electrolysis?

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm not sure, never heard about it till today, though I found this website http://www.1stvitality.co.uk/acatalog/electrolysis.html and apparently you can do it to yourself at home,
may be usefull, dunno how good it is though
Reply 2
yeah, my mum and sister got it when we were living abroad. they are really happy with it and none of it came back. so yeah i would def reccomend it. not sure how much it is tho...not as expensive as laser.
Reply 3
Can't you just shave it? ^.^
Reply 4
gurk
Can't you just shave it? ^.^

If you shave it will just grow back quick and sharper.
Reply 5
I'd be really interested to hear if http://www.amazon.co.uk/BaByliss-8642U-Babyliss-Electroliss-Sensor/dp/B000P37ZE6/ref=sr_1_4/202-5289003-3078241?ie=UTF8&s=personal&qid=1181251166&sr=1-4 works well... Maybe when I'm earning in a few months I'll just buy one, but not yet :tongue:

I've managed to epilate everywhere other than my bikini line now, but I really don't think I'll ever be able to take that kind of pain!
Reply 6
Noone? :redface: :frown:
I had it done on my upper lip (although eventually I got bored/poor and so stopped going. It's something you've got to stick with, although my hair is dark and stubborn, so maybe it'll be quicker for you) when I had braces - a very odd feeling! I could feel the current going through my brace, and it was like my entire mouth was full of electricity. Bizzare!
Reply 8
I had it done. Sadly it's very expensive and it didn't really work on me :frown: So be prepared for the possibility that it might not work! Lasers are probably better for permanent hair removal.
Reply 9
oh no i tried laser..
and its freeky...
re-growth in few months 100%
i had laser than 6 times by the way
i have been going electrolysis for almost 4 years now for 30mins EVERY week. but it keeps growing back! in the back of my mind i know i should just forget it but i feel like ive come this far it would be silly to stop now... i want to try laser but im prone to eczema on my upper lip so im too scared to take that risk.

i pay £9.50 for 30mins by the way:smile: it works for most people (excluding myself..:frown:!) after going for 1-2 years. but you have to go consistently for it to work effectively, like once a week, otherwise its a bit pointless becuase the hairs will keep gaining strength.

hope that helped, good luck!
Reply 11
Chriztina - seriously, quit. Just buy this instead:
http://www.riobeauty.com/LAHR.htm
I know it's expensive but it works a treat and it's certainly no more expensive than all the money you've thrown away on useless electrolysis treatments.
Reply 12
I researched around to get the best electrolysis I obviously did not find the right one.
company name is Clinica Fiore based in Central London Covent Garden.Therapist Helen orginally from the USA-LA. Went for a total of 3hours electrolysis i clearly informed her that i have sensitive skin and it would be best for her to go on the lowest level possible.when she did the procedure she digged down so hard into my skin that it started to bleed and thee was open holes on my face . She tried to cover it up and said that was a natural procedure. I decided not to go back after 3 weeks healing i noticed there was hyperpigmentation and big pinholes left on the side of my face an chin area. This women obviousl saw this and said nothing to me aboutit. I informd the manager of the damage to my skin, sent him an email of the condition of my skin, visited his clinic to discuss this and all this man had to say was that i singed terms and conditions and knew of the side effects that could take place. Nor he or the therapist apologised for this mistake and all he said was that his lawyer would get back to me. I NEVER GOT A CALL and all he did was try and emotional manipulate me.Please never go to this place they are only interested in MONEY.

Quick Reply

Latest