Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    okay so last year i did an isa but now we're doing an empa because apparently its easier to get a higher grade. i got an A on the isa last year, what are the main differences between the ISA and EMPA and if anyone has any tips or anything? thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    hi Im doing a chemistry EMPA 6X this year. we have 2 practical's which is then what the paper is based upon. the examination paper is based upon the a few certain topic which should be given by your teacher. have you completed the 2 different practicals yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolatte123)
    a2 chem empa done!! a2 bio and AS tomorrow ;/
    You do realise you shouldn't post things like this because it will only attract the attention of people who are wanting answers and that can get you and the other person into a lot of trouble?

ReputationRep:
    I have finally done my AS and A2 Chemistry EMPAs , Still got AS and A2 Physics and AS and A2 Biology to go!

ReputationRep:
    The AS and A2 chem EMPA was fairly straight forward so don't worry too much about that, hopefully, the physics and bio are also easy. Overall, the as ones are easier than the A2 in terms of what to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WTF_AM_I_DOING)
    okay so last year i did an isa but now we're doing an empa because apparently its easier to get a higher grade. i got an A on the isa last year, what are the main differences between the ISA and EMPA and if anyone has any tips or anything? thank you very much
    The ISA is internally marked -So by your teachers, and submitted to the exam board,

whereas the EMPA is marked externally by the examiners.

I personally feel like ISA's are easier, but I only do EMPAs so its biased (6EMPAs to be exact -including last year resits because i failed most of it) tbf I did do ISA's in GCSE where I got As and A*s on it, and found that so much easier.

But my teachers also said that EMPA's are easy to get a good grade.

I've done my AS and A2 Chemistry and Bio, still got AS and A2 physics next week!

Good luck to everyone who is doing it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.