Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    ARGH! Just got my results back and its all 2:1's and firsts but the two exams I missed I have been given 0% desipite the fact I handed in a form saying I would be having an operation during them exams. I have lost about 6% in total of this years mark and have got 61% when it should have been 67% (almost a first)

    I will have to appeal but its so annoying has this happened to anybody before?
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    ARGH! Just got my results back and its all 2:1's and firsts but the two exams I missed I have been given 0% desipite the fact I handed in a form saying I would be having an operation during them exams. I have lost about 6% in total of this years mark and have got 61% when it should have been 67% (almost a first)

    I will have to appeal but its so annoying has this happened to anybody before?
    that is bad- my mate who missed a lot of her 3rd year at liverpool for geology got all her january grades 'made up' because they don't allow resits of them and she was too ill to do them (she had glandular fever and it was just coincidence that i also did at the time and got withdrawn from my A levels in january)

    lou xxx
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    I've just sent an email now. I think I know whats happened its a communications error, the lecturer did not put these down as official exams, instead she put them down as course work, when I filled in the form I ticked exams. So its probably an admin error. I just hope I can find the receipt of the form I handed in otherwise I am f**ked although I do have a hospital letter saying the prooving I was in hospital that day.
    Offline

    13
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    ARGH! Just got my results back and its all 2:1's and firsts but the two exams I missed I have been given 0% desipite the fact I handed in a form saying I would be having an operation during them exams. I have lost about 6% in total of this years mark and have got 61% when it should have been 67% (almost a first)

    I will have to appeal but its so annoying has this happened to anybody before?
    Surely your appeal will be successful, that sounds ridiculously draconian
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Don't panic, what else could they put them down as?

    i assume you are going to do the exams later, and then that mark will show up on your transcript.
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sashh)
    Don't panic, what else could they put them down as?

    i assume you are going to do the exams later, and then that mark will show up on your transcript.
    There is no option for resits I don't think as its too late for that, what was supposed to happen is I was given my average grade for all the exams/assignments in the two exams I have missed.
    Offline

    18
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    There is no option for resits I don't think as its too late for that, what was supposed to happen is I was given my average grade for all the exams/assignments in the two exams I have missed.
    Hope you get it sorted out. If its not bad enough being in hospital you have to chase up stuff you thought had been sorted.

    Good Luck!
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Hope you get it sorted out. If its not bad enough being in hospital you have to chase up stuff you thought had been sorted.

    Good Luck!
    Thanks, if tis was my first year I wouldn't bother but since it works out about 1.25% of my degree mark I have lost it could easily mean the difference between a 1st and a 2:1.
 
 
 
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.