puggypeggycoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Just to clarify now, I know that Allegiant is a work of fiction in both book and film form and that none of the characters are actually real, which just makes this situation a whole lot weirder.
The other day I read the final chapters of Allegiant by Veronica Roth in which (SPOILER ALERT), Tris dies.
I knew that this would happen and yet for some reason as I was reading the book I suddenly got a sensation like a lead weight was hanging over my heart and it's almost like she's died in real life and I keep getting sudden twinges about how she died and all she was remembered as was a rebel. Also I get twinges when I think of how Tobias is probably feeling so heartbroken. This tends to come at random moments and can be triggered by things like lyrics in songs.
It's weird because I have no history of depression or anything like that and I know that they're not real but it seems to have triggered this lead weight feeling in my chest and I feel really down at the moment, like it's a death in my family not in a book. I do have dyspraxia which can result in unusual emotional responses and dyspraxics are more prone to depression and anxiety because of our social awkwardness. Also, when I watch films or read some books with particularly sad endings then I do feel down, but it usually goes after a while and it's never like this. Anyone got any clue what's happening?
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
please put spoilers in [spoilers]

:cry:
saladays
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What's happening?

I'm pretty 100% sure you've absolutely nothing wrong with you! Don't worry, honestly. I'm not too keen on the series myself but I'm a book lover and I understand what it feels like when you build up an emotional connection with the character in the novels through a series of books or chapters and then that happens... Just because you're sad about it doesn't mean you have depression or something, depression is nothing like this :-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.64%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.81%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (88)
37.29%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.71%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed