Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What can the age difference be between two people? I am upper sixth, how much younger can I go?

ReputationRep:
    As long as they are over the legal 12 years old I think its fine. BUT if you are 18 I think its 14 then, my friend Brandon Mullan from Dungiven, Derry, Northern Ireland has had a first hand experience with this situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JinxedApple)
    As long as they are over the legal 12 years old I think its fine. BUT if you are 18 I think its 14 then, my friend Brandon Mullan from Dungiven, Derry, Northern Ireland has had a first hand experience with this situation.
    I am 18, and the girl I am snapchatting is 14 lmao

I know Brandon mullan, hes a while take the hand lolol

ReputationRep:
    Half your age plus 7. If her age is greater than or equal to that number, all good, if not, it might be a bit too much

ReputationRep:
    What do you plan on doing with them? That changes the answer

You can go as young or old as you like as long as it's legal. When I was 18 I went out with a 15 year old guy.

ReputationRep:
    If your over the age of consent, you can't be with someone younger than the age of consent, ya ****ing pedos.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is disturbing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xCrazyMango)
    I am 18, and the girl I am snapchatting is 14 lmao

I know Brandon mullan, hes a while take the hand lolol
    You're an adult and she can still be regarded as a child. My advice, stay clear, stay friends for a few more years. Exact same age difference as myself and my partner but I wouldn't do it at that situation. We all go through various stages in life, more so in our younger years. You two are in very different developmental, personal, social and ultimately life stages. My partner was 18 and certainly was mature enough to make sensible and mature decisions. Who knows what they want at 14?

Ask yourself (but don't answer back), are you desperate? Desperation can make us do things we may not normally do and I know from my friends experiences in a similar case to yours, the consequences to it. I advised him not to do it, she was 15 and he was 21, it just wasn't right on both parts. He was desperate and trying to use his older age as a persurasion for her to go out with him, trying to be some big mature man when in actual fact, he struggled to get girls his own age to take him seriously.

That can be considered grooming, so please be careful about how you're coming across and most certainly don't offer to buy her alcohol.

Be aware that many young girls sometimes look to seem maturer by dating an older guy and that is certainly something to look out for.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 21, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.