Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in AS so any uni interviews I may have will be quite far off but was just wondering if anyone had any good ideas for questions to ask the interviewers at the end of the interview to make a good impression (like when they say do you have any questions)? I know not to ask anything really obvious that can be found on their course website because then I'd just look unprepared, I just want to have a couple of questions to seem eager and enthusiastic.

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    For engineering interviews are very informal and won't impact whether you get in or not (unless there's something drastically wrong, that being punching a member of staff rather than showing minimal interest or idea of engineering), with the exception of Imperial and Oxbridge.

In terms of gathering information though, I'd ask about how new most of the equipment you'll use is. I'd also say try and research beforehand what kind of industry standard software and methods there are for your engineering discipline e.g. a lot of companies use MATLAB, Solidworks, etc. and ask whether you'll be taught how to use them.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Enggirl)
    I'm in AS so any uni interviews I may have will be quite far off but was just wondering if anyone had any good ideas for questions to ask the interviewers at the end of the interview to make a good impression (like when they say do you have any questions)?
    Hey!

Try and think of something which you are genuinely wanting to know the answer to, and have an interest in. As Helloworld_95 said, asking about software is a great idea as you can know beforehand what you will be using and perhaps why they teach that particular software package. Also asking about potential partnerships with industry or work/research placements can show you're interested in more than just the classes, but also the field itself.

(Original post by Helloworld_95)
    e.g. a lot of companies use MATLAB, Solidworks, etc
    I have unfortunately yet to come across a company which uses Solidworks! The two I've mainly heard being used is Siemens NX and Catia.

Scott
    Undergraduate Rep
    School of Engineering

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies!

Closer to the time I'll start to have a good think about some questions (I think only one of the Unis I'm interested in requires an interview before offer).

ReputationRep:
    hi just wonder which universities do interviews for chem eng ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.