The Student Room Group

Incoming Exchange Student from Australia: Need Your Opinion on Best Uni

Hi, I'm applying to study abroad in the UK in 2017 except I can't decide which universities to apply for. I'm studying psychology, but would love to get a better idea of what each university is like for students (i.e. on-campus accommodation, access to travel around UK and Europe, student life, teaching quality, city-life).

Would like to know about University of Manchester, Leeds, Exeter, East Anglia, Lancaster and Heriot Watt

Thanks in advance xx
Original post by LaAussie
Hi, I'm applying to study abroad in the UK in 2017 except I can't decide which universities to apply for. I'm studying psychology, but would love to get a better idea of what each university is like for students (i.e. on-campus accommodation, access to travel around UK and Europe, student life, teaching quality, city-life).

Would like to know about University of Manchester, Leeds, Exeter, East Anglia, Lancaster and Heriot Watt

Thanks in advance xx

I can only help on 3 of those, manchester ,leeds and lancaster but basically manchester has excellent train links to many parts of the uk and has one of the uk's main airport, leeds has good train links for the most part but the nearest airport is pretty small, lancaster however only has trains going to scotland or manchester (for anything else you have to get to preston or continue to manchester) and has no airport (you would need to take an hour and a half train to manchester airport). As for city life, manchester and leeds from what i've heard for friends are pretty good and are a really decent size, however i wouldnt call lancaster a city at all, its more like a town it has a few shops but i recon you would have to make a trip to manchester or liverpool for decent shopping. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
I can only help on 3 of those, manchester ,leeds and lancaster but basically manchester has excellent train links to many parts of the uk and has one of the uk's main airport, leeds has good train links for the most part but the nearest airport is pretty small, lancaster however only has trains going to scotland or manchester (for anything else you have to get to preston or continue to manchester) and has no airport (you would need to take an hour and a half train to manchester airport). As for city life, manchester and leeds from what i've heard for friends are pretty good and are a really decent size, however i wouldnt call lancaster a city at all, its more like a town it has a few shops but i recon you would have to make a trip to manchester or liverpool for decent shopping. Hope this helps :smile:

Awesome! Thank you for your reply! I'll definitely be considering Manchester and Leeds. They sound like pretty awesome places :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest