The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why is crime so prevalent among black people in UK?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by 999tigger
Poverty, less stable family backgrounds, lack of stake in society. Pretty obvious.
A lot of crimes are also against other people in their community i.e gang crime, knife attacks.

Woow, thats not always true.
Original post by generallee
It is also interesting to compare the crime statistics and state of general governance in black majority countries.

Compare the crime rates in South Africa and Rhodesia/Zimbabwe now, and when they were run by whites. Or Jamaica pre and post independence. Or Nigeria.

Those countries all went down the plug hole. Why?

And there are plenty of African and Central American/Caribbean countries with very low crime rates. My dad's country in the Caribbean for an example is very safe with a lower crime rate than most European ones so to suggest that it's because Blacks cannot function without being colonised and subjugated by Whites is absurd.
Original post by WBZ144
It's actually refreshing to see that he is targeting Blacks instead of the Muslims this time (the usual). Also funny how he also claims to be creating these threads out of "interest".

It's pretty obvious you can't handle debate on sensitive topics. If you actually read my posts without looking for some ulterior motive, you'd see I've never 'targeted' anyone :smile:
Original post by NickLCFC
It's pretty obvious you can't handle debate on sensitive topics. If you actually read my posts without looking for some ulterior motive, you'd see I've never 'targeted' anyone :smile:

Call it "debate", "interest", whatever you want. Anyone familiar with your posts can tell that you are the one with ulterior motives, regardless of how thinly you veil them.
Original post by WBZ144
Call it "debate", "interest", whatever you want. Anyone familiar with your posts can tell that you are the one with ulterior motives, regardless of how thinly you veil them.

Feel free to report all my racist and discriminatory posts.

Spoiler

Feel free to report all my racist and discriminatory posts.

Spoiler

Nah, you're not worth a report and I am rarely one to report in the first place. I prefer to call you out on your pretentious BS instead.

Haven't you been banned recently?
The Chinese have fantastic work ethic and discipline.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cilla_e
Woow, thats not always true.

Care to explain which bit isnt true?

Clearly a lot of crime by black people is gang related and against other black people.

The data provide a breakdown of the ethnicity of the 18,091 men and boys who police took action against for a range of violent and sexual offences in London in 2009-10.
They show that among those proceeded against for street crimes, 54 per cent were black; for robbery, 59 per cent; and for gun crimes, 67 per cent. Street crimes include muggings, assault with intent to rob and snatching property.
Just over 12 per cent of London’s 7.5 million population is black, including those of mixed black and white parentage, while 69 per cent is white, according to the Office for National Statistics.
The police figures also show that black men are twice as likely to be victims. They made up 29 per cent of the male victims of gun crime and 24 per cent of the male victims of knife crime.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/7856787/Violent-inner-city-crime-the-figures-and-a-question-of-race.html
Reply 68
Original post by espada null
poverty.

end of thread.

oh yeah, and institutional racism in the police force too

"nonsense" in even bigger font and in lots of colours (while largely maintaining a red colour to grab attention) in an attempt to make my point valid

How about you leave the thread?

Here's a chart from the Government that shows the breakdown of UK crime by ethnicity.

Crime Ethnicity.png

It shows how Black people (and 'Asians' ) commit up to twice as much crime as other ethnic groups if you correlate it against the ethnic data of British citizens here:

http://www.irr.org.uk/research/statistics/ethnicity-and-religion/

crime and ethnicity table source:
https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/statistics-on-race-and-the-criminal-justice-system-2012
(edited 8 years ago)
idk if it's been mention but I cba to sift through the thread, but it's a bit inaccurate to lump all black groups together. I know for a fact that there's very different cultures between Somalians and Jamaicans for example.
I think culture and cultural history comes into play a lot here.
Original post by Zargabaath
idk if it's been mention but I cba to sift through the thread, but it's a bit inaccurate to lump all black groups together. I know for a fact that there's very different cultures between Somalians and Jamaicans for example.
I think culture and cultural history comes into play a lot here.

That's true. Unfortunately the government just lumps them all under the 'Black' label in crime statistics.
Original post by WBZ144
In America African immigrants are one of the most educated and highly qualified groups, so it has nothing to do with intelligence you *insert buzzword here* twit.

Source?
That's true. Unfortunately the government just lumps them all under the 'Black' label in crime statistics.

I think Africans may have lower offence rates because of a stronger cultural heritage on average, although I have absolutely no evidence to back it up with.

It irritates me when ethnicities that are obviously different are lumped together. Like "Asian", Pakistanis, Indians and Bangladeshis are all different culturally and I guarantee there'll be a significant difference in crime stats between the groups.
Source?

http://www.jstor.org/stable/2999156?origin=crossref&seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-10-13/it-isn-t-just-asian-immigrants-who-excel-in-the-u-s-
http://www.universityworldnews.com/article.php?story=2014101521150498

And LOL @ "buzzword". Sorry to breaking to you but claiming that one race is less intelligent = claiming that one race is inferior = racism. But I wouldn't expect someone with a mentality like yours to know that.
Original post by WBZ144
http://www.jstor.org/stable/2999156?origin=crossref&seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-10-13/it-isn-t-just-asian-immigrants-who-excel-in-the-u-s-
http://www.universityworldnews.com/article.php?story=2014101521150498

And LOL @ "buzzword". Sorry to breaking to you but claiming that one race is less intelligent = claiming that one race is inferior = racism. But I wouldn't expect someone with a mentality like yours to know that.

It doesn't necessarily mean he was implying they are inferior. He most likely just meant they were less educated overall (which I'm not sure is true or not). It's not like he's saying they're less intelligent BECAUSE of their race...
Reply 77
I think the effect may be gangsta culture. You should split the data up by Caribbean vs African to see if there is something in that.
Original post by Espada Null
POVERTY.

END OF THREAD.

Utter nonesense, many black people are richer then their white counterparts, with my brother working in the police force they are told to watch and if someone looks suspicious to do a stop and search- Anyone regardless of skin colour, religion, age, disability will be searched if they are looking suspicious- I am by no means racist but going on what my brother told me Black criminals must draw more attention to themselves. If there is a risk that the person(s) has a firearms weapon they do not stop and search them on the spot, they wait for back up from the Zulu Tangos( West Midlands)
Original post by Espada Null
POVERTY.

END OF THREAD.

Yes poverty has caused an huge increase in theft, mugging etc. the biggest reason has been the cruel regime of benefit cuts and benefit sanctions.
Is it surprising when someone has their financial lifeline cut for 3 months to 3 years because they made a petty mistake like being late to the Jobcentre that they will try any means to get money to feed themselves and their familiy and pay debts?

Since the benefit reforms were introduced in 2012 the number of muggings has increased dramatically and that people have resorted to drug dealing and prostituition to make ends meet.

Our local multi story car park has become a no-go area occupied by criminals and gangsters using the place for shelter, not even 'The Police' venture into its labyrinth of passageways to tackle criminals. Many of whom were sanction victims who loiter around robbing people and dealing drugs. It's almost become a society within a society. Nobody dare use the lifts or venture above deck 4. There's even a displaced person who occupies the toilets behind the deck 7 lifts near the upper market hall link passege, this person is used by the gangsters to scare people.

Latest

Trending

Trending