Turn on thread page Beta

hi all,
    back when i was applying to all my uni's and got my offers back i was rejected by half of my uni's including warwick which is where i would ideally like to end up studying economics. however, i have got a BBB offer from york and i know i got A's in maths and economics, however i could end up getting a B or a C in my third subject, spanish.
    If i get a B, that would be AAB overall, and was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to upgrade uni's. i.e to warwick, nottingham which are both better for economics.

cheers for any help

(Original post by Unregistered)
    hi all,
    back when i was applying to all my uni's and got my offers back i was rejected by half of my uni's including warwick which is where i would ideally like to end up studying economics. however, i have got a BBB offer from york and i know i got A's in maths and economics, however i could end up getting a B or a C in my third subject, spanish.
    If i get a B, that would be AAB overall, and was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to upgrade uni's. i.e to warwick, nottingham which are both better for economics.

cheers for any help
    If you have agreed a firm / insurance Uni then you are "forced" to go there if you meet your conditional offer. The only way you could go to any other Uni is by entering the Clearing process, to do this you must first get the agreement of your firm and insurance Uni's. If they agree you are free to enter Clearing and apply for any course on offer. If they will not release you from your agreement then you can either go to the Uni's who's offers you have met or you have the option of removing yourself from the UCAS program for this year. If you do remove yourself from the program, you will effectively take a year out and then you can apply to whichever Uni's you want next year.

ReputationRep:
    ahhhh, guillermo. What did I tell you

(Original post by Leekey)
    If you have agreed a firm / insurance Uni then you are "forced" to go there if you meet your conditional offer. The only way you could go to any other Uni is by entering the Clearing process, to do this you must first get the agreement of your firm and insurance Uni's. If they agree you are free to enter Clearing and apply for any course on offer. If they will not release you from your agreement then you can either go to the Uni's who's offers you have met or you have the option of removing yourself from the UCAS program for this year. If you do remove yourself from the program, you will effectively take a year out and then you can apply to whichever Uni's you want next year.
    So I assume if you wish to be removed from the system after receiving results you contact UCAS and then there is no way they can make you go to your insurance or firm uni, as long as you go no where else? And if you want to enter clearing, you have to contact your firm/insurance directly?

Thanks for clearing this up.

(Original post by Curious Man)
    So I assume if you wish to be removed from the system after receiving results you contact UCAS and then there is no way they can make you go to your insurance or firm uni, as long as you go no where else? And if you want to enter clearing, you have to contact your firm/insurance directly?

Thanks for clearing this up.
    Spot On !!!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.