Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im currently doing my as levels this year and i do Chemistry,Biology,Psychology and Sociology.Im confident i can get AAA/B but what im worried about is my GCSE grades as I only got 1 A and C for both English lang and lit along with only a B in maths.Are there any unis that accept these GCSE grades?
    Please help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amn2016)
    Im currently doing my as levels this year and i do Chemistry,Biology,Psychology and Sociology.Im confident i can get AAA/B but what im worried about is my GCSE grades as I only got 1 A and C for both English lang and lit along with only a B in maths.Are there any unis that accept these GCSE grades?
    Please help
    If you have Bs and English language and Maths you're good to go in terms of minimal general entry requirements. What are the rest of your GCSEs like?

At any rate, you'd probably stand a higher chance of getting an interview if you apply to the medical schools which place less emphasis on GCSE results.

So to answer the question in your thread title: there's no reason why not, just make sure you do your research and apply carefully.

ReputationRep:
    English Language and lit are both C but im doing an iGCSE in english to try and get that B or above.
    Rest of my grades are B for the subjects i chose at GCSE and an A in geography.

The thing is I just dont think ill get chosen as my GCSE grades are minimal.I think its stupid how they wont accept you even if you have the best A levels, if you did bad in GCSE they wont accept you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amn2016)
    English Language and lit are both C but im doing an iGCSE in english to try and get that B or above.
    Rest of my grades are B for the subjects i chose at GCSE and an A in geography.
    Oh, sorry, I thought you said you'd got an A for English language and a C for English literature.

Yeah if you can retake or redo English and get at least a B that would definitely open some more doors for you.

The thing is I just dont think ill get chosen as my GCSE grades are minimal.I think its stupid how they wont accept you even if you have the best A levels, if you did bad in GCSE they wont accept you
    Well you can't know that for sure until you give it a go. But yeah medical schools look for good all-rounders since it's such a competitive process. It's just the way it is unfortunately.

See how things go with your GCSE and your A levels and perhaps reassess after you get your results in August

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Oh, sorry, I thought you said you'd got an A for English language and a C for English literature.

Yeah if you can retake or redo English and get at least a B that would definitely open some more doors for you.

Well you can't know that for sure until you give it a go. But yeah medical schools look for good all-rounders since it's such a competitive process. It's just the way it is unfortunately.

See how things go with your GCSE and your A levels and perhaps reassess after you get your results in August
    Hopefully I get in somehow :P
    Thanks for the help Dude

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.