Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone actually find a levels easy? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I know majority of people find a levels incredibly difficult and stressful but has anyone actually glided through a levels?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry.
    I think they are very tough,

ReputationRep:
    Easy as hell cause you get study periods now and get to revise constantly in them unless you're some idiot watching "Coronation street" or some other crap like that then may god bless you.

ReputationRep:
    Totes tits.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I remember not finding them difficult per se, but there was a lot more work involved so it was a step up from that point of view.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shiv Loves Maths)
    glided through a levels?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Blend of both, as long as you revise and work hard then it should come easy and natural. There are times when I do struggle but it depends what subjects you do.

ReputationRep:
    If you're very good at maths, you get two extremely easy A*s gifted to you and an A in physics; with some work that could also be an A* (or you could just take AFM instead of physics lol).

But in any other case I don't think it's easy to the point that you could coast through with hardly any work.

ReputationRep:
    Guys I'm a2 student I just wanted to read your point if view
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Well I spend no time doing Politics or geography, those are really easy. In my revision timetable I've allocated, and stuck to, having 90% of my time devoted to classical civilisation. However, I'm upping it to 100% this week as I've got so much more to revise.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Moved to A Levels

ReputationRep:
    I found A Level Geology to be quite straightforward, and I got an A in it overall, but I struggled to varying degrees with my other subjects

ReputationRep:
    I found my A-Levels in maths and the 3 sciences to be a doddle, as maths is easy and science facts stick in my head well. Missed many lessons, worked ~20hours/week lifeguarding until a week or so before exams, came out with 4 easy 95%+ A*s.

ReputationRep:
    I glided through English Language (with very little revision) and got an A; the coursework was really easy and I smashed the exams. I got an E in Physics though so I'm hardly gonna toot my own horn.

ReputationRep:
    Well im good at maths so i find Maths easy & further maths reasonably easy , however physics just doesn't click in my head :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm still in my AS year, but I'l contribute.

Up to January, I found A levels extremely difficult, and that was because I was doing the same amount of work I had done in my GCSE's, i.e. none. Once I started doing independent stuff though, and once I had figured out essay structure, I started doing better in my A levels than I had at GCSE.

So A levels do take more work, but once you get the hang of it they're not too bad.

ReputationRep:
    Sixth Form itself was tougher than A-Levels, in my opinion.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Because I wanted to study Maths and did Further Maths, in Year 13 Maths A-level was fun and.. it wasn't 'easy' but it was okay Further Maths was still difficult though. But yes, in general, I think A-levels are pretty hard. (But just like at A-level you say that GCSEs are so easy looking back, you'll probably say the same about A-levels at uni )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Because I wanted to study Maths and did Further Maths, in Year 13 Maths A-level was fun and.. it wasn't 'easy' but it was okay Further Maths was still difficult though. But yes, in general, I think A-levels are pretty hard. (But just like at A-level you say that GCSEs are so easy looking back, you'll probably say the same about A-levels at uni )
    My high school English teacher said that A levels are far harder than degree because of the workload but of course she did an English degree so...

ReputationRep:
    Certain parts and subjects are easy IMO (I find sociology easy af just pretty dull) and I think once you eventually learn good essay-writing or exam technique then they do get substantially easier.

From there on in you just need to remember the content and then replicate it using the decent essay/exam technique and hey presto.

But they're by no means 100% 'easy' IMO. What I find relatively easy, I know others would struggle with and vice versa

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.