Does anyone actually find a levels easy?

Watch
Shiv Loves Maths
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I know majority of people find a levels incredibly difficult and stressful but has anyone actually glided through a levels?
ODES_PDES
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Sorry.
I think they are very tough,
RoadtoSuccess
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Edit: hope it went well
Last edited by RoadtoSuccess; 1 month ago
BristolFresher15
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Totes tits.
toronto353
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I remember not finding them difficult per se, but there was a lot more work involved so it was a step up from that point of view.
ForestShadow
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Shiv Loves Maths)
glided through a levels?
Rhythmical
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Blend of both, as long as you revise and work hard then it should come easy and natural. There are times when I do struggle but it depends what subjects you do.
IrrationalRoot
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
If you're very good at maths, you get two extremely easy A*s gifted to you and an A in physics; with some work that could also be an A* (or you could just take AFM instead of physics lol).

But in any other case I don't think it's easy to the point that you could coast through with hardly any work.
Shiv Loves Maths
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Guys I'm a2 student I just wanted to read your point if view
balanced
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Well I spend no time doing Politics or geography, those are really easy. In my revision timetable I've allocated, and stuck to, having 90% of my time devoted to classical civilisation. However, I'm upping it to 100% this week as I've got so much more to revise.
Interrobang
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Moved to A Levels
username2088165
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I found A Level Geology to be quite straightforward, and I got an A in it overall, but I struggled to varying degrees with my other subjects
Star Light
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I found my A-Levels in maths and the 3 sciences to be a doddle, as maths is easy and science facts stick in my head well. Missed many lessons, worked ~20hours/week lifeguarding until a week or so before exams, came out with 4 easy 95%+ A*s.
Geedawg
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I glided through English Language (with very little revision) and got an A; the coursework was really easy and I smashed the exams. I got an E in Physics though so I'm hardly gonna toot my own horn.
Lychee628
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Well im good at maths so i find Maths easy & further maths reasonably easy , however physics just doesn't click in my head :/
Abstract_Prism
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I'm still in my AS year, but I'l contribute.

Up to January, I found A levels extremely difficult, and that was because I was doing the same amount of work I had done in my GCSE's, i.e. none. Once I started doing independent stuff though, and once I had figured out essay structure, I started doing better in my A levels than I had at GCSE.

So A levels do take more work, but once you get the hang of it they're not too bad.
Imaginarium
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Sixth Form itself was tougher than A-Levels, in my opinion.
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Because I wanted to study Maths and did Further Maths, in Year 13 Maths A-level was fun and.. it wasn't 'easy' but it was okay Further Maths was still difficult though. But yes, in general, I think A-levels are pretty hard. (But just like at A-level you say that GCSEs are so easy looking back, you'll probably say the same about A-levels at uni )
Lucasium
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SeanFM)
Because I wanted to study Maths and did Further Maths, in Year 13 Maths A-level was fun and.. it wasn't 'easy' but it was okay Further Maths was still difficult though. But yes, in general, I think A-levels are pretty hard. (But just like at A-level you say that GCSEs are so easy looking back, you'll probably say the same about A-levels at uni )
My high school English teacher said that A levels are far harder than degree because of the workload but of course she did an English degree so...
Asolare
Report 5 years ago
Certain parts and subjects are easy IMO (I find sociology easy af just pretty dull) and I think once you eventually learn good essay-writing or exam technique then they do get substantially easier.

From there on in you just need to remember the content and then replicate it using the decent essay/exam technique and hey presto.

But they're by no means 100% 'easy' IMO. What I find relatively easy, I know others would struggle with and vice versa
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (11)
9.91%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
0.9%
Finding the time to revise (7)
6.31%
Finding the motivation (30)
27.03%
Getting distracted (15)
13.51%
Procrastination (46)
41.44%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.9%

Watched Threads