The Student Room Group

Application asking English Language proficiency results, so my GCSE results

And I took my GCSEs a long time ago and have no idea where my certificate is, but they seem to want a copy of it.

I have a degree in English and I am in possession of my certificate, surely this would be bigger proof of such proficiency?
You'd think the degree would suffice, but they still have necessary grounds whereby asking for your GCSEs isn't absurd.

Ring your high school or centre wherever you took your exams and ask for your GCSEs transcripts, they'll print them from the database and ask you to come and collect them.
Original post by phantompain
You'd think the degree would suffice, but they still have necessary grounds whereby asking for your GCSEs isn't absurd.

Ring your high school or centre wherever you took your exams and ask for your GCSEs transcripts, they'll print them from the database and ask you to come and collect them.

Would they still have them? I took my GCSEs nine years ago in 2007. Also would it be free of charge, because I'm aware that AQA can print a copy out for a fee.
Yes. The high schools are obliged to keep their past students files in their database, as they are aware higher education will require them at points in the future.

I finished high school at the same time, and have requested copies throughout the years.
Original post by phantompain
Yes. The high schools are obliged to keep their past students files in their database, as they are aware higher education will require them at points in the future.

I finished high school at the same time, and have requested copies throughout the years.

Ah, will do that then, cheers! The application form requests a certificate though, but would there be much of a difference if I uploaded my scripts?

Also would it be worth getting in touch with my old college for the same thing, as I also achieved qualifications in English there.
You can ask or both transcripts and certificates. Usually you'll need both and they will usually print both for you.

But give them that note when you speak to them! And yes worthwhile getting your college ones too if you're without them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending