Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Im going to talk to her tomorrow for the first time and idk what to say.

I was thinking to say hi and then give a compliment probably about what she is wearing. But then what do i say after that lol, and when do I ask for her number?

You should just be confident and not worry. Don't make up a script in your head, let the conversation flow naturally. Definitely compliment her and make her feel comfortable in your presence and that is down to you yourself being comfortable. I'm not sure if you mean you will see her at school or somewhere else but talk about lessons and interests, understand what she likes.

Maybe you could ask if she has Snapchat or instagram first cause you don't want to overwhelm her. But depending on how the conversation goes you could be like 'oh i would love to learn more about you'

Good luck! It will be fine! Don't stress!

ReputationRep:
    "Hi there, i'm anon"

ReputationRep:
    Don't compliment her randomly.

Start a convo, and if it goes well, end with asking for her number or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    "Hey. How's it going?" ... Pick a topic you've both most likely experienced or seen. Engage in conversation, don't jump straight to flattery! Be confident and listen. "I really like your..." Pick something you genuinely like or something she's put effort into, like her hairstyle. Don't compliment her eyes or whatever because we girls don't have any say in what our eyes look like. If she responds warmly, keep going, don't over-do it with flattery, try and hold a normal conversation! Then, finally, try to invite her somewhere. A party, the cinema, whatever, and ask for her number so you can text her the details.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im going to talk to her tomorrow for the first time and idk what to say.

I was thinking to say hi and then give a compliment probably about what she is wearing. But then what do i say after that lol, and when do I ask for her number?
    just take about something she's wearing and compare it to something you're wearing
    (i always go for the watch but thats a complex skill to master at a distance)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i can identify most high quality models and brands from 20 yards

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Im going to talk to her tomorrow for the first time and idk what to say.I was thinking to say hi and then give a compliment probably about what she is wearing. But then what do i say after that lol, and when do I ask for her number?
    Completely sympathise with this - so don't worry you're not alone and doing better than some people! I guess confidence is the main thing! :hatsoff :Now I hope you don't mind but I'm stealing any advice you get for myself! :mmm:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.