Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So i'm retaking my AS empa, and i've heard a lot of people say that this year the grade boundaries are going to be really dodgy since only a handful of people are retaking and aqa is going to find a way to screw us over with the empas?!?
    i have absolutely no idea how to revise for my empa, any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    hey

im retaking mine too this year and have been told by my teacher its going to be a titration and observation tasks-same like last year then basically and im going to "hopefully" do some past paper questions....

whens ur practical and written btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolatexo)
    hey

im retaking mine too this year and have been told by my teacher its going to be a titration and observation tasks-same like last year then basically and im going to "hopefully" do some past paper questions....

whens ur practical and written btw?
    My practicals tomorrow and I'm freaking out! My teacher has not helped us at alllllllll
    are you sure its just like last years one? I've heard it may be calorimetry and enthalpy? Are you doing an ISA or EMPA

ReputationRep:
    Nothing to worry about with the practical so don't stress

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _leenz)
    My practicals tomorrow and I'm freaking out! My teacher has not helped us at alllllllll
    are you sure its just like last years one? I've heard it may be calorimetry and enthalpy? Are you doing an ISA or EMPA
    seriously dont worry!!!! as long as you do exactly what the instructions say u will be FINE

and i think so- i wasnt really listening when she was talking about it tbh so u could be right

and im doing the EMPA (CHEM3X)

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I'm doing the same one. I just hope I write down my observations down correctly.
    When's your practical and written?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I'm doing the same one. I just hope I write down my observations down correctly.
    When's your practical and written?
    my practical is on tuesday and my written is on 5th may

whens urs???

ReputationRep:
    If everyone who is retaking did badly last year, then surely grade boundaries would be lower since we're all bad at it?

ReputationRep:
    My writtens 5th may as welll

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have finally done my AS and A2 ChemistryEMPAs, Still got AS and A2 Physics and AS and A2 Biology to go!

ReputationRep:
    My writtens 5th may as welll

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is this the AS chemistry? I 've done my AS and A2 chemistry too, are you doing any others? I am doing all six EMPAs!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.