Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A 'fact' from your subject watch

ReputationRep:
    Drop one.

Can be a subject you study or one you're interested in.

You're telling a layperson so make it understandable/interesting if poss

ReputationRep:
    voltage = currant X resistance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)
    voltage = currant X resistance
    hmm interesting

ReputationRep:
    Geography is not just colouring in!

ReputationRep:
    Drop one?
    Only possible to drop at the mo is wind.
    (Earth and fire tomorrow)

ReputationRep:
    Argentinosaurus (the largest dinosaur) footprint traces could contain fossils of other organisms. Their steps could create quicksand with a herd creating a very large amount over an area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    Drop one?
    Only possible to drop at the mo is wind.
    (Earth and fire tomorrow)
    yeah I've had a tummy bug the last few days too :lol: you'll have to go to that science lesson for me

ReputationRep:
    fact from A lvl Chemistry..

its hard

Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Argentinosaurus (the largest dinosaur) footprint traces could contain fossils of other organisms. Their steps could create quicksand with a herd creating a very large amount over an area.
    You mean like they wiped out loads of organisms with each step?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    In 1923, hyperinflation meant that germans had to pass their wages onto their family every hour to go buy stuff like bread before the prices rose again. in the winter that year, burning money was better than buying coal.

ReputationRep:
    If you 'drown' in freshwater, you're not really drowning - the hypotonic water enters your pulmonary capillaries and enters red blood cells by osmosis, causing them to split and release potassium and sodium ions. These raise the blood levels of the ions, causing hyperkalaemic cardiac arrhythmia, so you die of cardiac arrest - drowning means dying from the asphyxiation, i.e., lack of oxygen.

If you drown in saltwater, you are legit drowning.

ReputationRep:
    Some species of hermaphroditic flatworms engage in penis fencing during mating, with the winner fertilising the other one.

Video for anyone who wants to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn3xluIRh1Y

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    You mean like they wiped out loads of organisms with each step?
    Well if there were a lot of very small organisms concentrated in a small area then yes. I mean with each step if the conditions of the soil were right they would create quicksand, organisms which were also roaming in the area could accidentally get trapped in the quicksand.

ReputationRep:
    A Bose-Einstein condensate is a sate of matter made up of a type of particle called bosons that have been cooled down to near absolute zero at lowest possible state, at which point they are all at the same low energy. Each individual particle's wave function combines into a single collective wave function called a Bone-Einstein condensate. This causes quantum phenomenon to occur at macroscopic scales, examples being super fluids and superconductors

ReputationRep:
    Subject I study: English Lit.
    Apparently (not 100% sure if it's true), Ernest Hemingway (novelist) had a bet with his friends for $10 that he could write an entire story using only six words: for sale: baby shoes, never worn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mochassassin)
    Subject I study: English Lit.
    Apparently (not 100% sure if it's true), Ernest Hemingway (novelist) had a bet with his friends for $10 that he could write an entire story using only six words: for sale: baby shoes, never worn.
    Damn, that's haunting.

ReputationRep:
    Film is a type of media :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Some species of hermaphroditic flatworms engage in penis fencing during mating, with the winner fertilising the other one.
    :rofl: flatworms

ReputationRep:
    JavaScript was created by Satan specifically to spite me

Life is carbon

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.