I did first year psychology in northumbria (like high 40's in the league table), but i transferred to Newcastle (16th) for first year there and now I am sort of starting to regret this - Northumbria said they'd take me back for 2nd year but I am indecisive for the following reasons:
1) The course is mind numbingly boring in NCLlike its insanely hard for me to concentrate, the course itself is much more demanding which is made harder by the fact that none of the modules interest me and the lecturers have no banter lol as opposed to northumbria especially the 2nd year module choices were right up my street - I FEEL LIKE i would more likely do well in Northumbria than NCL, but statistics online say otherwise (2:1 and over = NCL 95%: northumbria 85%)
2) Another issue is one is a met the other is a RG - apparently this doesn't matter, what matters i work experience (under the condition you get a 2:1 or above) which leads me to my last issue...
3) I feel like NCL has more opportunities in terms of work experience etc but I am not 100% sure, it's just what I have concluded from the recruitment fairs, careers service page and emails with opportunities
Okay so this is probably going to sound so weird, like nothing I've ever came across anyways, but I did psychology at northumbria for one year and I enjoyed it but hated how I didn't acc feel like I went to uni? Because we weren't at the main campus...
Anyways, so I transferred to NCL and did a year here, and I asked Northumbria if they'd take me back into second year they said yes - even though the facilities etc at NCL are good, its a way more overwhelming course in the sense that the course materials are more "abundant" - don't really know how else to describe it lol, its mind-numbingly boring, the statistics is on another level compared to at Northumbria and here stats goes all the way up to third year, whereas at Northumbria it's only first and second.
Also I loved the course in Northumbria like it was way more interesting - anyways my issue is:
1) Work experience/placements - its quite hard to secure a placement in NCL, you need to get a certain grade which I won't be getting as I kinda fxcked my first semester due to personal life issues getting in the way - I feel like theres more opportunities in NCL? But I have no idea I don't really have anything to compare it with because I didn't really explore work experience options in Northumbria
2) The uni itself - NCL is a more well regarded uni but does that even matter isn't it just the grade? Like I feel I'd more likely get a first in northumbria than NCL... like the lecturers have more bants, there's more guidance (felt like a college more than a uni), the modules are actually interesting... but obvs if work experience is easier to get a hold of here I may as well just stay? Even though I may find it harder in terms of exams and stuff, the workload just for first year is insane...
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
...or just paranoid?