Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what would you do if you found out that a very close friend is a homosexual??
    I have always thought I was very liberal until now...It is so hard for me to grasp the concept...it is so weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seana)
    I have always thought I was very liberal until now...It is so hard for me to grasp the concept...it is so weird
    i think it's only natural to be a bit stand-offish. It would take a while of getting used to, but then it probably wouldn't bother me....

ReputationRep:
    that would be pretty gay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyclone666)
    that would be pretty gay
    what would?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    i think it's only natural to be a bit stand-offish. It would take a while of getting used to, but then it probably wouldn't bother me....
    I think it is because of my christian beliefs and also culture as it is illegal in my country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seana)
    I found out one of my friends was a lesbian a while back. It was a shock but over time you will get used to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    I found out one of my friends was a lesbian a while back. It was a shock but over time you will get used to it.
    but she claims that she is not really a lesbian...it is just that she is attracted to this person who happens to be a girl. She said that if the individual were a guy she would have been attracted to him...that confuses me alot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seana)
    but she claims that she is not really a lesbian...it is just that she is attracted to this person who happens to be a girl. She said that if the individual were a guy she would have been attracted to him...that confuses me alot.
    That makes sense, she loves her for the person she is. For the connection she feels to this person. Sometimes there is a connection with a person which is undenyable and gender has nothing to do with it.

ReputationRep:
    When I found out my cousin was gay it didn't bother me in a slightest, we had both been out to bars and stuff and even slepted in the same room. I don't see why I should have been bothered about it though.

ReputationRep:
    That makes sense, she loves her for the person she is. For the connection she feels to this person. Sometimes there is a connection with a person which is undenyable and gender has nothing to do with it.
    can that be connected to the idea of "soul mates" ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    When I found out my cousin was gay it didn't bother me in a slightest, we had both been out to bars and stuff and even slepted in the same room. I don't see why I should have been bothered about it though.
    it bothers me because of the secrecy...living in the closet type of thing...as I said it is illegal in my country

ReputationRep:
    I'm bi and most people dont have a problem, or havent so far, its just been the same as it always was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seana)
    it bothers me because of the secrecy...living in the closet type of thing...as I said it is illegal in my country
    can i ask which country?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    can that be connected to the idea of "soul mates" ?
    No I think it is more that you can be attracted to the person no matter what gender they are.

ReputationRep:
    No I think it is more that you can be attracted to the person no matter what gender they are.
    wow, that is actually quite interesting, i wonder how many people can relate to this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    I'm bi and most people dont have a problem, or havent so far, its just been the same as it always was
    sometimes I have to be careful in what I say as she gets abit defensive and if I dont call her she thinks that I am avoiding her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seana)
    Many years ago a friend revealed to me that he was homosexual. My first reaction was similar to yours. "Don't worry" he said "I don't fancy you." - which annoyed me even more for some reason!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    can i ask which country?

ReputationRep:
    One of the guys who I was kind of friends with at school came out after we'd all left, at first it was a bit strange and we'll kept on putitng our foot in it wth him, but now we just take the piss out of him (in the same way that we do each other instead of instead of you fat ******* or your mums a ho) so if he does something camp its 'piss off you big queer' (doesnt sound nice but it is in a kind of laddish acceptance way) - and ne way he told us all that he wasnt interested in any guys yet, but just that he knew he was gay and didnt want to keep pretending to be into girls...so its all gravy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seana)
    My best friend in the whole wide world is gay. Somehow I always knew that he was. But when he told me I was totally fine with it. I have many friends who are gay and it doesnt bother me at all.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.