The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'd ask him out...
Only kidding.
It wouldn't bother me, cause none of my close friends mind me being gay. so it goes round in a nice circle...
Either way we're not being told, which in many ways gives it away. May be it could even be neighbours, Ireland.
seana
what would you do if you found out that a very close friend is a homosexual??
I have always thought I was very liberal until now...It is so hard for me to grasp the concept...it is so weird

Continue being friends with them. One of my best mates came out a year ago last weekend, and I've actually got closer to him since. I don't see why people find it a problem...
Reply 23
seana
I have always thought I was very liberal until now...It is so hard for me to grasp the concept...it is so weird

Just try to accept them. It may not be easy at first, but it will be worth it. They need your friendship, they are the same person they were before they came out.
Reply 24
Everdawn
My best friend in the whole wide world is gay. Somehow I always knew that he was. But when he told me I was totally fine with it. I have many friends who are gay and it doesnt bother me at all.

I'm pretty much like that, but i'm the guy
Reply 25
cobra01977
I'm pretty much like that, but i'm the guy

I know society is going to give my friend a hard time as intolerance is reinforced in the popular culture music media church...its a choice between isolation or secrecy...I cannot begin to imagine what homosexuals face on a daily basis...even if they are in the closet it must hurt hearing all this negativity towards them
Reply 26
seana
I know society is going to give my friend a hard time as intolerance is reinforced in the popular culture music media church...its a choice between isolation or secrecy...I cannot begin to imagine what homosexuals face on a daily basis...even if they are in the closet it must hurt hearing all this negativity towards them

I find that in the possible sheltered life i live that intolerance has never been a problem, people only laugh when i do outragous things like tonight partly dressing up as a bunny girl! This is partly why i came out, i can argue my case much better
Reply 27
cobra01977
I find that in the possible sheltered life i live that intolerance has never been a problem, people only laugh when i do outragous things like tonight partly dressing up as a bunny girl! This is partly why i came out, i can argue my case much better

well you should be grateful for liberalism in your homeland...other places are not that tolerant and if you came out...you would be in fear of your life or face a suspicious death: extreme homophobia i would say
Reply 28
seana
well you should be grateful for liberalism in your homeland...other places are not that tolerant and if you came out...you would be in fear of your life or face a suspicious death: extreme homophobia i would say

I cant imagine what it is like to live in a society like that, but if i did i doubt i would ever consider my feelings properly
Reply 29
cobra01977
I cant imagine what it is like to live in a society like that, but if i did i doubt i would ever consider my feelings properly

well it is cool providing that you are a heterosexual.
seana

Yes look at Desmond Tutu's article in The Times, I read todays paper and it had that in there. He claims it is just as bad as apartheid. He has a point.
seana

I just found out one of my friends was bi, that was certainly a surprise, she was always so quiet and normal.

Latest