Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello to all!

Exams are coming up and our chemistry teacher hasn't properly told us nothing about this years new spec exam papers. I know we will get 2 separate papers BUT what exactly is the difference between breadth in chemistry and depth in chemistry?? how does these 2 papers differ?

Please explain to me, I am so confused about this.. helpme
    Thanks, Anna.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna-18)
    Hello to all!

Exams are coming up and our chemistry teacher hasn't properly told us nothing about this years new spec exam papers. I know we will get 2 separate papers BUT what exactly is the difference between breadth in chemistry and depth in chemistry?? how does these 2 papers differ?

Thanks, Anna.
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications...432-from-2015/

Sample papers at this link. Look at them to get an idea.

(Original post by Anna-18)
    Hello to all!

Thanks, Anna.
    I believe you are taking OCR Chemistry AS. The differences between these papers is that in the breadth paper, there will be two sections. Section A will be purely multiple choice (20 marks), along with short and long response questions (50 marks). In the depth paper, they can focus on certain details in the specification, whereas in the breadth paper it wil be more like a general paper that tries to include your understanding of everything on this course. This means that you are expected to go into detail for the depth paper with more 4 and 6 markers.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.