what is your favourite film/s? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Falguni
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
now that this bloodhound 'scandal' is behind us lets start a more light hearted topic... what is your fav film/s of all time?
:confused: (tough i know)
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Falguni)
now that this bloodhound 'scandal' is behind us lets start a more light hearted topic... what is your fav film of all time?
:confused: (tough i know)
I think this thread has been started before. Or is it just an odd case of deja vu? *feels faint* :confused: It's the results day stress I tell you!
Falguni
Rep:
?
(Original post by Adhsur)
I think this thread has been started before. Or is it just an odd case of deja vu? *feels faint* :confused: It's the results day stress I tell you!
probably was an old thread as its not very original..just getting bored of posts about bloodhound v's mods(exprssion)
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think there was a thread about this before .

Mine are: Saving Private Ryan, Swordfish and The Matrix.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nylex)
I think there was a thread about this before .
Thank God! So I'm not completely loony....yet!
Falguni
Rep:
?
yep the matrix was really good

k ill change this to the 'best' films (?) from childhood:
for me it would be mrs.doubtfire,home alone,back to the future...
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Falguni)
yep the matrix was really good

k ill change this to the 'best' films (?) from childhood:
for me it would be mrs.doubtfire,home alone,back to the future...
Yep Back to the Future is great!! And so is home alone - ah the memories!
loftx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Mine would be

Action: The rock
Horror: The ring
Animation: Spirit: stallion of the simmaron
Romance & Musical: Moulin rouge
Thriller: Usual suspects
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The ring still gives me nightmares. *shiver*
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i also liked the matrix...but my favourite has to be the usual suspects
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
BTW when I siad the ring I mean both versions - I found the 2002 remake generally better because I can't understand Japanese but the orignal had my most scary film moment of all time - when she came out of the TV AAARHHHHHHHHHh :eek:
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 15 years ago
Some of mine, in no particular order...

The Shining
Godfather Pt.1 and Pt.2
The Usual Suspects
Heat
Taxi Driver
Full Metal Jacket

PS - you can get a dubbed version of the The Ring / Ringu. Although because it's out of synch it does kinda detract from the whole chill factor thing.
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
when i was younger i heard so much hype about the exorcist and how scary it was. but when i watched it, i didn't find it that bad...although i can see that it is quite distressing watching the little girl behave like that.
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
You can use the Similar Threads thing at the bottom to check this out - it's really handy actually, they don't have one on the other forum I post on.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by loftx)
You can use the Similar Threads thing at the bottom to check this out - it's really handy actually, they don't have one on the other forum I post on.
Oooo i didn't notice!!! Thanks
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
So many to list, but i'll do some anyway

The Shining
The sixth sense
Leon
The Truman Show
Forrest Gump
Ronin
Goodfellas

Can't think of any more at the moment
monkiwrensh
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My favourite films are: Dangerous Minds, American Beauty, Mrs Doubtfire and Momento.

But I love so many films...these are probably my favourite though.
monkiwrensh
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by monkiwrensh)
My favourite films are: Dangerous Minds, American Beauty, Mrs Doubtfire and Momento.

But I love so many films...these are probably my favourite though.
My worst film has to be 'Little Nicky' with Adam Sandler. Has anybody seen it. Oh my god that stupid voice that Adam Sandler maintains throughout it drives me mad!!!! I hate it lol
mensandan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I agree with Loftx the Japanese original of the Ring is awesome. The recent version was good too. My favourite film changes, I enjoy many films. Terminator 3 was good and that was the best film I saw that day. Final Destination 2 was good, Ghost Ship was a pile of Ship. Donnie Darko Cool, The tuxedo (shoot me in the face please). About Schmidt cool. I seem to watch too many films over the hols/all the time. Looking forward to Freddy Vs Jason. I am off as a post results treat on Friday.

Best films ever...???

The Deer Hunter, Rocky, Armageddon, The Great Escape, The Italian Job, The Lord of the Rings, A Beautiful Mind, K-Pax, Plan 9 From Outer Space. Sorry could go on all night.
I love movies, however don't be afraid to turn a movie off if it is poo. It is a waste of existence to watch a poo movie. The only 2 times I left a cinema, 1) during Godzilla, his big monster was smashing buildings with its tail and biting bridges in half. Then the hero drives his car into its mouth and it can't even begin to deal with it and they all survive. I got up abused the screen and was having apoplexy. 2) During Jurassic Park 2. The little girl is doing gymnastics in the beams of a hut to escape a velociraptor and then turns to the camera and say she has a lucky pack after it stops her falling to a bloody and in my opinion desreved death, I almost vomited with rage at the pooness of it. Funniest cinema moment during Armageddon, Liv Tyler Speaks to Dad (Bruce Willis) he is about to sacrifice himself to save everyone, they have a really moving conversation. Anyway, this big Hell's Angel looking dude next to me and my mates actually wailed and blubbed, we thought he was cool for being unashamed but it was so out of the blue that we all jumped a mile. Haha it was cool.

Ooops ranting. Come on everyone best/worst movie scenes or stories.
Suk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Shawshank redemption
The usual suspects
Godfather triology (i didnt think the third one was THAT bad)
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (131)
46.45%
Pro-humanity (151)
53.55%

Watched Threads