WJEC English Literature! Help Watch

Tinka99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
The Literature exams are closed book for WJEC so quote learning is essential, unlike AQA where the exams are open book. I do Of Mice and Men, Blood Brothers, Lord of the Flies and Unseen poetry.

It's becoming a pain finding key quotations (words, phrases or short sentences) for the characters and themes for the books as well as time-consuming. If anybody does any of these books and has prepared key quotations separated into characters and themes it would be highly helpful. If it's handwritten please scan and send to me. English Literature is making my life too stressful and any help would be highly appreciated.
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
almost everything you need to know about OMAM here, i revised from that thread last year as well as picking out my own quotes, got a good grade for it

im not doing the other two books you're doing, i'm doing AIC and Heroes. and tbh i am panicking about Heroes too, it's quite a tedious book but i did manage to outline the main characters and picking out their quotes by myself in one week, so you can do it too no prob!
Lauren0812
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ihatePE)
almost everything you need to know about OMAM here, i revised from that thread last year as well as picking out my own quotes, got a good grade for it

im not doing the other two books you're doing, i'm doing AIC and Heroes. and tbh i am panicking about Heroes too, it's quite a tedious book but i did managed to outline the main characters and picking out their quotes by myself in one week, so you can do it too no prob!
Wow were doing the same 3 books !!!
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lauren0812)
Wow were doing the same 3 books !!!
noicee, how r u finding the heroes book?
Lauren0812
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
noicee, how r u finding the heroes book?
In my mock I achieved an A* in my heroes question. I think the books quite good actually. There's quite a lot of themes though and I am worried about the question which will be given to us in the exam
Tinka99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago

im not doing the other two books you're doing, i'm doing AIC and Heroes. and tbh i am panicking about Heroes too, it's quite a tedious book but i did manage to outline the main characters and picking out their quotes by myself in one week, so you can do it too no prob!
How many quotes per theme and character are you doing? I tried doing 15 for each and it started to take me forever so I kinda lost my motivation. I can do this myself as well and I did start doing it for Blood Brothers by searching for key quotes on the internet but actually choosing the best ones and making sure they are not too long for each character and theme it not the easiest thing. I really wish I was doing AQA as WJEC are horrible with their closed book exam.
nisha.sri
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone doing Lord of the flies?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Feb '19
  • Swansea University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Feb '19
  • De Montfort University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Feb '19

Do you give blood?