The Student Room Group

help on English assessment? creative writing?

i will be writing a short story on something embarassing tomorrow but i do not know what to right.is there any ideas on what to write about ? could you please give me some sentences/advice as i want to be getting A/A* on it.
Could write as an elderly man, first person, and how he feels embarrassed to relieve help from doctors, family etc. You could really show his emotions and include a lot of stylistic devices using this idea imo
peeing yourself as a kid.
tripping over something in class esp in front of a crush,
or dropping your pencil case/folder = giant mess
trying to hold in a cough during assembly and basically choking half way through.
letting out a seemingly silent fart, but it actually ends up being loud af.
cumming too quick.

^^ of these, embarrassing school things are great, and you can always slow down time in the moment the action is happening and really describe how it feels, the literal burning feeling inside, use metaphors etc.
Reply 3
Perhaps you could write your short story as a memoir. Think of the most embarrassing thing that had ever happened in your life and then write it from a first person perspective. I find using my own knowledge and experience really creates the story and adds detail the imagination can't, which also allows me to express myself at the same time. Write about a specific time in your early teenage years perhaps. They're always the worst. A first kiss gone wrong or a terrible date, but my advice will always be to write what you know.

Quick Reply

Latest