Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Please help!
    I am studying Sociology at Brighton come this September and need a room to cover me for my first 12 months.
    I am looking for a house share or flat share maybe with mature students as I will be 24 when I start my degree. I have my own car and because I am from the Midlands originally I would ideally need off road parking.
    I am a clean and tidy person who loves music and cooking and also know how to run a household as I have lived independently for over 4 years.

Someone please respond
    Amy
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    HI amybod92

Lots of our students choose to live in shared houses so you should be able to find something. Will you be based in Brighton or Hastings?

You can look for accommodation on our studenthomes site. It's exclusive to Uni of Brighton students, so you will need your uni username to log in. Landlords have to sign up to our code of conduct to use the site and -bonus- they're not allowed to charge admin fees

We run facebook groups for Brighton and Hastings where students advertise rooms in their houses or group up to look for somewhere together.

There's loads of good info in our househunting guide which you can download here.

If you've got a car then keep in mind that Brighton is largely covered by permit-zones, so factor that in to your budget calculations if you don't find somewhere with off-road parking.

See you in September!

(Original post by amybod92)
    Hello! Please help!
    I am studying Sociology at Brighton come this September and need a room to cover me for my first 12 months.
    I am looking for a house share or flat share maybe with mature students as I will be 24 when I start my degree. I have my own car and because I am from the Midlands originally I would ideally need off road parking.
    I am a clean and tidy person who loves music and cooking and also know how to run a household as I have lived independently for over 4 years.

Someone please respond
    Amy

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.