Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have got an overseas degree according to the UK is equivalent to UK Bachelors degree standard.
    As I want to do a master I am wondering If I am eligible knowing I have been in UK since 01/01/2013 and got an indefinite leave to remain in UK.
    Also, I am wondering if GCSE ENGLISH GRADE B is accepted as entry requirement instead of ILETS?

Zakia.

Many thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Sirahdz)
    Hello, I have got an overseas degree according to the UK is equivalent to UK Bachelors degree standard.
    As I want to do a master I am wondering If I am eligible knowing I have been in UK since 01/01/2013 and got an indefinite leave to remain in UK.
    Also, I am wondering if GCSE ENGLISH GRADE B is accepted as entry requirement instead of ILETS?

Zakia.

Many thanks
    The eligibility requirements for the PG loans is here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...-can-get-a-PGL

UK residence isn't enough - you must be resident in England for 3 years prior to your course starting.

English language requirements are set by universities - contact them to ask what they will accept.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Sirahdz)

Zakia.

Many thanks
    Hi

Yes, you would be eligible for Post graduate loan if you've got indefinite leave to remain and have been living in the UK for more than three years and normally live in England before the start of your course. I can’t help you with entry requirements unfortunately, it would be best to check that with the university.

Laura
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Laura SFE)
    Hi

Yes, you would be eligible for Post graduate loan because you’ve got indefinite leave to remain and have been living in the UK for more than three years. I can’t help you with entry requirements unfortunately, it would be best to check that with the university.

Laura
    Can you clarify this? My understanding was that applicants had to be ordinarily resident in England specifically.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by PQ)
    Can you clarify this? My understanding was that applicants had to be ordinarily resident in England specifically.
    Updated my post be be clearer, generally students have to be normally resident in England before the start of their course and have been living in the UK for the three years before the start of their course to get a Postgraduate Loan.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team
Updated: April 25, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.