The Student Room Group

Cash out for £72k or see it through for £250k?

You have a £50 bet at 5000/1 on Leicester City to win the league this season.

What do you do? Cash out for £72k now or see it through for £250k?

Scroll to see replies

Cash out:biggrin:
Stick with it, they only need like 4 more points don't they?
depends how much £72000 means to you... it could be a life changing amount for many people.
Reply 4
I'd LOVE to say I'd see it out, but there's no chance. I earn a ****ing pittance, and I'd bottle it and take the money for sure.
cash out. Hence why i don't gamble lol

my risk levels are low! but great question. I think majority of students will say cash out.
Original post by the bear
depends how much £72000 means to you... it could be a life changing amount for many people.

most people*
If I put a £50 bet on I was probably drunk and would have no idea I had even placed the bloody bet :frown:
I'd definitely cash it out... I mean, £250k would be nice, but for me, not worth the risk... I'd take the 72k and then put some of that into investments or something to earn on it, and buy myself something nice!
Personally I'd cash out if Tottenham beat chelsea next week , if they draw or lose then i wouldn't!
I probably would've cashed out weeks ago as soon as it reached to like 10k :colondollar:

Doubt I could hold my nerve to wait out till 250k

Sell the bet to someone for 150k? :colondollar:
Reply 11
Original post by Ayaz789
Personally I'd cash out if Tottenham beat chelsea next week , if they draw or lose then i wouldn't!

Leicester still have United and Chelsea to play too...it'd be such a tough call.
Original post by Pickles
Leicester still have United and Chelsea to play too...it'd be such a tough call.

What happened to that signed shirt competition?
Original post by Pickles

Personally I think Leicester will do a 1-0 job on United , win swansea and everton too so even if they lose or draw to Chelsea , the titles gone to Leicester , plus even if Leicester draw with Chelsea & Utd & win both games against Swansea & everton, they win the league so yeah i think they'll do it personally!:biggrin:
Original post by Pickles

The regret if you cashed out and could've got the 250k xD
Reply 15
Original post by Zerforax
What happened to that signed shirt competition?

We announced the winner at the end of the thread and sent the winner a signed shirt :smile:

Original post by Ayaz789
Personally I think Leicester will do a 1-0 job on United , win swansea and everton too so even if they lose or draw to Chelsea , the titles gone to Leicester , plus even if Leicester draw with Chelsea & Utd & win both games against Swansea & everton, they win the league so yeah i think they'll do it personally!:biggrin:

Still a few tough games - especially with Vardy out for Swansea and United games.
How much would it be if Leicester draw or even lose their next game? If it only drops to something like £40k then it's worth waiting.

But out of the two, it really depends on if you need money now or not. Ultimately, it's just a few years' wage. I suppose I would take it because, worst case scenario, it keeps me away from the horrifying life of Job Seeker's Allowance, A4e, Maximus etc. for years.

Original post by mobbsy91

Is there really a difference between 70k and 250k? If you regret the opportunity you've received at getting 70k, you were likely rich to start with.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by mobbsy91

Are you a gambling man though..
Original post by Pickles
Are you a gambling man though..

Yes, but not with that much money... If it were £70 and £250, I'd definitely leave it in, and hope for the £250, but 70k... I mean that alone would be amazing!! I'd seriously consider it even if it were £700 and £2500 as well!
Original post by Neverdie

Is there really a difference between 70k and 250k? If you regret the opportunity you've received at getting 70k, you were likely rich to start with.

Yeh I suppose that's true!
Original post by Pickles
We announced the winner at the end of the thread and sent the winner a signed shirt :smile:

Still a few tough games - especially with Vardy out for Swansea and United games.

But you have to look at Spurs games too , they have Newcastle last game who will be desperate to take all 3 points to get out of relegation & they have chelsea! Swansea got beaten by Newcastle 3-0 last week so Swanseas game shouldn't be too hard so its just Utd tbh & by Chelsea the title should be finished imo!

Quick Reply

Latest