Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi all,

Just looking for some opinions on this. My boyfriend and I have just broke up after many years (we are late 20's by the way). He had a 9 month affair and I found out...

He is not seeing the person he cheated on me with (don't know why) but he is seeing someone else now. We only split 3 weeks ago he has moved on extremely quickly. Why do people do this??

I asked him why he cheated and why he moved on and the response I got was

"people like people who are someone, you're not really anybody a bit of a nothing... if you were to move away tomorrow people wouldn't really notice."

Since the split I am very lonely but a nothing? I don't know what to do to "be someone"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi all,

Just looking for some opinions on this. My boyfriend and I have just broke up after many years (we are late 20's by the way). He had a 9 month affair and I found out...

He is not seeing the person he cheated on me with (don't know why) but he is seeing someone else now. We only split 3 weeks ago he has moved on extremely quickly. Why do people do this??

"people like people who are someone, you're not really anybody a bit of a nothing... if you were to move away tomorrow people wouldn't really notice."

Since the split I am very lonely but a nothing? I don't know what to do to "be someone"
    you are someone OP he just cant see what an amazing person you are, he's a fool and be glad that he cant hurt you. and to "be someone" just be yourself you are someone and he is the nobody

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, if he was cheating on you then you dodged a massive bullet. He's a douchebag.

If he's going to make you feel like crap then he's not worth at all. You are somebody OP. You deserve a million times better.

ReputationRep:
    He had a 9 month affair. He clearly didn't have anything tying him down from moving on.

It seems quite strange why he'd be so blunt with you and have a long-term affair while still staying with you.

One thing that's clear is that he is not someone you should spend any more time thinking about.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi all,

Thats a very nasty reply imo, ignore him he's a douche. He cheated on you for a long time and was finished with the relationship 1-2 years ago. the reason he stayed was becayse he was lazy and had it comfy. This happens a lot, they darent risk breaking it off so they sleepwalk on for a while until eventually they care less and less. he was too selfish to tell you. Unfortunately you didnt spot this and have now lost a lot of time. Its happened to several people I know. It makes me angry that such people dont have the balls to just break off a relationship cleanly before embarking on anoher.

Learn from it, dont have any contact with him, move on and live your life well. That means apprecuate yourself, get inbolved, do the hobbies and activities that challenge and stretch you, the ones you always wanted to do but didnt have the time or the relationshop wouldnt let you. Write down a wish list.

Build your confidence up and you will be good to go. Confidence is attractive.
    Do not let his mealy mouthed words undermine you because they arent true. Everyone is someone, you just need to find out who you are and what you stand for. You have a lot of things you cna do to improve the fun in your life.

Start working out what you want in a relationship, be open minded, but be prepared to move on quickly if its not there. the thing that gets me angry about long relationships that just fizzle out, is it tend to be a lot more important for the woman if she wants kids, so of thats you get your skates on. On the good side it does happen that you cna meet someone perfectly decent in your 30's, just use your time well. Dont dwell on what he said its nonsense, do plan on living well though. You will realise you dodged a bullet.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.