Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I gained 30 credits for completing a GTP then completed a PCGE (GTP Top up) course which then awarded a further 60 credits. Is the PGL available even though technically I am half way towards the 180 credits required for the masters?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cherry209)
    I gained 30 credits for completing a GTP then completed a PCGE (GTP Top up) course which then awarded a further 60 credits. Is the PGL available even though technically I am half way towards the 180 credits required for the masters?
    According to http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...-can-get-a-PGL then yes you are - only those with a Masters or higher already aren't eligible.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, that's how I read it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by cherry209)
    Hi

A PGCE is classed as a lower level qualification than a Master’s course, like an MSc or MA. This means you’ll be able to get a Postgraduate Loan if you start a full Master’s course.

Laura

ReputationRep:
    I understood you would not be able to carry forward any masters level credits to a Masters course and be eligible for a loan - you must be studying 180 credits ie the full award. Is that still correct?

Linda
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi,

Top up courses are not eligible. To qualify for the Post Graduate Loan you must be completing a full Masters of 180 credits, you cannot use credits from another course.

Gerard

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.