Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

E.U Leave Or Remain: Impact Of Further Integration Watch

ReputationRep:
    A Bank Of England report stated that whilst the U.K economy through recent E.U integration has experienced an increase in dynamism, international investment, flexibility and economic growth, the U.K economy has also become increasingly susceptible to the “domino effect” of economic problems starting in other countries, as was experienced in 2008. The paper therefore calls upon the Government to put measures in place that minimises the domino effect should we choose to remain in the E.U.

Would leaving the E.U prevent an economic crisis in an E.U country from affecting our own economy? Given that we are building investment relationships with other countries outside of the E.U, would the U.K continue to be affected by international economic woes? Would remaining in the E.U be beneficial for our economy, and if so, why?

ReputationRep:
    The eurozone is on the verge of collapse. I fear us leaving the EU will speed things up and we'll get scapegoated for causing the collapse. If we choose to stay, I reckon there's another 10 years there, if we leave, nearer 5.
    • Very Important Poster

No because we are susceptible to global changes whether we are in or out.

ReputationRep:
    The 2008 crisis was caused through irresponsible practices by the banks, it was the US mortgage market that went first then everything else followed.

Trying to imply it was due to us being in the EU is a very poor attempt at scaremongering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donkey******)
    The eurozone is on the verge of collapse. I fear us leaving the EU will speed things up and we'll get scapegoated for causing the collapse. If we choose to stay, I reckon there's another 10 years there, if we leave, nearer 5.
    Can you explain why us leaving the E.U would speed up the collapse of the eurozone? I note that George Soros stated his views about the potential collapse of the Eurozone based on the migrant crisis, and, rightly or wrongly, stated that the German Chancellor Angela Merkel might be able to provide a possible solution. Do you share his views or do you have the belief that the E.U shall collapse for other reasons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KernowAlex)
    Can you explain why us leaving the E.U would speed up the collapse of the eurozone? I note that George Soros stated his views about the potential collapse of the Eurozone based on the migrant crisis, and, rightly or wrongly, stated that the German Chancellor Angela Merkel might be able to provide a possible solution. Do you share his views or do you have the belief that the E.U shall collapse for other reasons?
    Currently 4 countries financially support the eurozone, Germany, France, Italy, and the UK. There are others who "lose more than they gain" but not on the same level.
    The UK leaving the EU will require other countries to cover that shortfall. There aren't many economies in Europe strong enough to cover that.
    There's already a lot of uncertainty in the EU, but with the UK pulling out the financial backing, I think the other pressures will become more of a problem and there will be an accelerated down turn.
    I don't think the migrant crisis is going to be the cause of it, but a contributing factor, and scapegoat.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.