Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I did a year's Foundation course, and then the first term of my first year's Biomedical Science degree, which I know counts as two years, and therefore I only qualify for two years' funding.
    I dropped out due to anxiety and depression which I know now, but this was around 5 years ago and I've only been recently diagnosed, looking back now it all makes sense why I couldn't function normally but due to this I don't think SFW will count it as extenuating circumstances.

Does this mean that I would have to fund a £9k tuition fee? Or would I still get the grant reducing it to just under £4k?
    Would I get any grants at all?

If I cant get funding its looking like I can't go to uni again as I can't quit my job to go back with no funding and I have a mortgage to pay!
    The idea of going back has really lifted me up and finding all this out has kinda made me lose hope now
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by abcdefjen)
    I did a year's Foundation course, and then the first term of my first year's Biomedical Science degree, which I know counts as two years, and therefore I only qualify for two years' funding.
    I dropped out due to anxiety and depression which I know now, but this was around 5 years ago and I've only been recently diagnosed, looking back now it all makes sense why I couldn't function normally but due to this I don't think SFW will count it as extenuating circumstances.

Does this mean that I would have to fund a £9k tuition fee? Or would I still get the grant reducing it to just under £4k?
    Would I get any grants at all?

If I cant get funding its looking like I can't go to uni again as I can't quit my job to go back with no funding and I have a mortgage to pay!
    The idea of going back has really lifted me up and finding all this out has kinda made me lose hope now
    Unlike SFE, SFW don't have a representative on TSR.

For complex cases like this you're best off calling directly and asking what the situation is (and getting your application in ASAP so that you have time to appeal and provide evidence if possible).
    http://www.studentfinancewales.co.uk/contact.aspx

0300 200 4050

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.