Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Guys I've just firmed Qmul to Study Neuroscience in September 2016.

And now I am having cold feet.

-Edinburgh has always been my dream university, yet when I visited, I felt so low as soon as we started looking around the campus and the area. I'm used to the Metropolitan Vibe of Manchester and it felt like a small town with little to do. I think I'd love it on vacation but I didn't feel a friendly student vibe.

-I liked both courses, therefore none of them really determined my choice; my choice had more to do with the location of the University.

- I wanted to be in a diverse environment, with academically motivated students but also have a really fun time.

-i like the city life.

- One thing that really swayed me at Qmul, was that they basically said they would still take me if I dropped a grade in the exam IF I FIRM THEM and it was reassuring, because I'd still be attending a Russel group.

I'm scared of not reaching the grades for Edinburgh and going to a uni I dislike as an insurance choice. I loved Qmul when I went to visit.

-I can still call up and change my choices but I'm so scared and frustrated. I've revised so much for Summer exams but I'm on a gap year and I really want to go to a uni I really like.

-Maybe I could learn to love Edinburgh? Also Living costs arent a huuuuge determining factor but I know it's cheaper up north.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bingeulbingeul)
    Guys I've just firmed Qmul to Study Neuroscience in September 2016.

And now I am having cold feet.

-Edinburgh has always been my dream university, yet when I visited, I felt so low as soon as we started looking around the campus and the area. I'm used to the Metropolitan Vibe of Manchester and it felt like a small town with little to do. I think I'd love it on vacation but I didn't feel a friendly student vibe.

-I liked both courses, therefore none of them really determined my choice; my choice had more to do with the location of the University.

- I wanted to be in a diverse environment, with academically motivated students but also have a really fun time.

-i like the city life.

- One thing that really swayed me at Qmul, was that they basically said they would still take me if I dropped a grade in the exam IF I FIRM THEM and it was reassuring, because I'd still be attending a Russel group.

I'm scared of not reaching the grades for Edinburgh and going to a uni I dislike as an insurance choice. I loved Qmul when I went to visit.

-I can still call up and change my choices but I'm so scared and frustrated. I've revised so much for Summer exams but I'm on a gap year and I really want to go to a uni I really like.

-Maybe I could learn to love Edinburgh? Also Living costs arent a huuuuge determining factor but I know it's cheaper up north.
    Maybe I shouldn't tell you my opinion if you have already firmed

ReputationRep:
    I'd personally choose Edinburgh. And FYI being in the RG means **** all, Edinburgh is still way better than QMUL

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.