Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I met this girl on Tinder; we spoke for two or so days, and she laughed at every single thing I said; which at the time, to me indicated interest from her so I lead the conversation up to a point where I found her Facebook, added it, and she accepted (wasn't freaked out or anything). We spoke there again, but my last message from yesterday went unseen. However, she's been active on Facebook numerous times.

I didn't say anything that would put me in a bad spot, I am certain of that - it was just chatter, casual. It feels like it's been too long though! She'd normally reply with "haha" or something at the very least no later than three hours (I'm overanalyzing, clearly), but it doesn't even say that she's seen the message.

Should I allow some time to pass and invite her out, or is ignoring my message, and is ultimately saying "You've been too slow, and the chat has dried out"?

ReputationRep:
    By the sounds of things its her not you, you've been putting in the effort so its up to her at this point.
    Just give her some space, maybe see if she will message you instead of you messaging her?
    If she messages you then its not looking so bleak after all, if she doesnt then move on
    Hope this helped!

(Original post by CptConnor)
    By the sounds of things its her not you, you've been putting in the effort so its up to her at this point.
    Just give her some space, maybe see if she will message you instead of you messaging her?
    If she messages you then its not looking so bleak after all, if she doesnt then move on
    Hope this helped!
    I feel like I'm wasting my time each time I match with someone.

I asked her whether she is around this weekend. In hindsight, I should have been more direct - suggested a place and time straight away, but why is it that all women on things like Tinder give you one shot and that's it?

By asking whether she is around this weekend, my intention was to ask that question first to respark the conversation, and be direct in the following message, but before I did I got the standard "Oh, I'm busy with coursework HAHAHAHA" (yep, hilarious. she didn't write it in caps). What could have turned her off; is she **** testing, genuinely busy or not interested? Guessing the latter; gently letting me down, but I'd like to know for sure, before I delete the liability from Facebook.

ReputationRep:
    girls have too many messages so you move down her list of matches

ReputationRep:
    She's probably got about 500 options, all quite willing to make 1,000 babies with her. I would just wait on the off chance she gets back to you,

(Original post by terrybay)
    girls have too many messages so you move down her list of matches
    I got the convo outside of Tinder.

(Original post by Zarek)
    She's probably got about 500 options, all quite willing to make 1,000 babies with her. I would just wait on the off chance she gets back to you,
    Maybe on Tinder, but she doesn't seem very popular. Only got under 200 friends (not a new account either) on Facebook, and no pictures with guys, not a lot of guys like her statuses (mostly family and friends it seems).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.