Metaphors
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Anyone got like a D at AS then came out with an A when they did a resit?

I'm quite ashamed to say i dont feel i have done enought Revision for history and will end up with a C or even worse a D !!!

Which i am anoyyed about because i'm pretty confident of getting 2 A's in my other two AS's...

So cmon... make me feel happy that ill be able to turn it around if i dont get the B i want?
xj9x
Report 12 years ago
i did an english resit and got exactly the same mark and in another got a worse grade but the highest counts
lil'p
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i got CCC at as

then in my a2 year i did retakes or all mod

i got ABBA in chem ABBB in bio and AC in maths.....from my experience i just needed to do my work and get my head down
Ourkid
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I got a D in AS chemistry like 160/300 or something ****e like that.

After retaking in january I got 263/300 - a solid A.

I got a C in AS physics 180/300 or soemthing.

After retaking in january I ended up with 256/300 - another solid A.

More than possible guys - keep your chins up.

Ourkid
slothie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've only done 3 resits (and got results already) got a D in a history Jan exam at AS, and a B in June, got a C in a physics paper first time and B second time... and went down from an A to a B in a German paper!! but somehow managed to get As in all the other ones i took. very strange lol
Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Metaphors)
Anyone got like a D at AS then came out with an A when they did a resit?
Yup. In fact, I then continued to get an A for A2 (first time round). So I guess it was just me having to acclimitise with A-level standard and the work style, since when I got AS sussed, A2 followed.

(Original post by Metaphors)
I'm quite ashamed to say i dont feel i have done enought Revision for history and will end up with a C or even worse a D :frown:!!!

Which i am anoyyed about because i'm pretty confident of getting 2 A's in my other two AS's...

So cmon... make me feel happy that ill be able to turn it around if i dont get the B i want?
There's no point in asking if people have turned Es into As, or whatever, through resits. Fact is, it is possible, and it is soley down to you; you have to put in the effort. Like you said, you realised that you hadn't done enough revision, so make sure come Jan 2008 you get those resits down, because trust me, you don't want to have to do them at the same time as your majority A2s.
devils_nose
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I got a shameful E in one of my maths modules and turned it into a B in Jan
coldplasma
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I got a C overall for AS Maths, got BCD for my modules. I did resits and brought them all upto A's, so it's not impossible.
Flash6289
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Got a U in Chains and Rings, retook in January and got an A.
lucylemon
Report 12 years ago
I turned my shameful French C-D-U unit grades into A-A-B after the January resits - and I retook the B mark paper yesterday in the vain hope of getting an A to boost my overall grade...
God Bless resits!

xxx
xX_JIMI_Xx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
for my maths AS C1 first time i got an E. the next january i got an A

i did the same for one of the law modules.

but i was completely lazy and did nothing in the way of revision first time round.
DJnerda
Report 12 years ago
Resits have practically saved my life.

I'm not kidding you. I screwed up so bad last year what with not revising and what not.

In chemistry last year (I do AQA) for modules 2 and 3 I got like E's or something...

And then I retook them in January and I got A's. Wahay.

And mocks? Well I always get U's in them and get letters sent home to my parents. But- then you just gotta revise revise revise.. and you can turn it around.

So, when I actually do work for my exams I do well.. otherwise I fail.

So yes more than possible.
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
AS history unit 1- B (91/120) to A (102/120)
AS history unit 2- D (50/90) to A (85/90)
Those resits pulled my overall AS grade up from a solid ish B (220/300) to a solid A (266/300)
rufnek2k6
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Resat an AS Psych unit, gt from 54 (lowest) to 86 (highest from all modules) pushin my AS grade from B to A

Resat an AS accounting unit, gt from 74 to 93, making my A higher so yeh, resits can be good for u
Terrafire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I changed AABBC AS results into AAAAA in January... the only problem being that I'd already been rejected by the university I want to go to by then... so if you don't mind missing a year, or going to a worse uni, then sure, rely on resits.
kitty123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
But do unis get told you've resit a module?
KDog1984
Report 12 years ago
Apparently the rule on resits is changing this year or next year im not sure..but im a current year 13 and they don't at the moment..you can defintely go up loads in a resit..i've seen it countless amounts of times..got a C in bio foundation first time 78/90 A second time..and am very confident i've gone up in a few resits iv just taken
Terrafire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nope, keep all your modules within two years and you could do them all four times if you wished and your college let you, and the unis wouldn't know a damn thing, except for your crap AS results if you chose to let them know . However, with the new A-levels in 2008 the rules may be changing...
masterasg
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i got a d in AS politics in june 05 and a c in further maths in june 06. got an A in jan 06 for government and politics and got an A in jan 07 for further maths. Its a lot easier second time around (obviously) and you know what specific thing to focus on and how to change your revision style.

chin up peeps!
kitty_koo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i got a U in one of my AS history exams, re-took it in January and got a B, i surprised myself and the teachers coz id been predicted a D,lol :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (231)
60.95%
No (79)
20.84%
Not sure (69)
18.21%

Watched Threads