An Inspector Calls AQA- PLEASE ANSWER Watch

11owolea
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,
I am unsure how to prepare for my english literature exam. For the 'An Inspector Calls' AQA GCSE exam there are two questions. Is one of these questions ALWAYS a character? (and so is it safe only preparing for characters and not themes etc.)
Thanks
Workangel_24
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 11owolea)
Hi,
I am unsure how to prepare for my english literature exam. For the 'An Inspector Calls' AQA GCSE exam there are two questions. Is one of these questions ALWAYS a character? (and so is it safe only preparing for characters and not themes etc.)
Thanks
Maybe sometimes but it could easily be two themes as well. So you will need to prepare for both characters and themes (50:50). I did mine last year and I think Mr Birling came up and Social class inequality. So themes are as important as characters. To prepare for it practice making plans for the 30m essays (do at least 8/9 to be on the safe side) and if you want to push your grade higher try to memorise 2 or 3 key quotes for each character e.g. For the inspector in the last scene,'It will all end in fire, blood and anguish'.

Hope this helps.
katodizzle
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 11owolea)
Hi,
Thanks
I'm doing AIC atm for my GCSE and I find that making mindmaps/posters about the plot, context, each of the characters is so helpful. For the characters, I made mindmaps where I brainstormed individual traits, quotes etc, BBC Bitesize is so useful. I would prepare for as much of the play as you can because you don't know what will come up, there is usually a theme embedded and attached to each character. So just remember as many links and quotes as you can tbh.
keepdreaming-
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Workangel_24)
I did mine last year and I think Mr Birling came up and Social class inequality.
Wow, this exam has gotten easier since I did it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (88)
9.97%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (146)
16.53%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (127)
14.38%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.63%
How can I be the best version of myself? (273)
30.92%

Watched Threads