The Student Room Group

GCSE CORE SCIENCE B1 C1 P1 Exams 2016 {OFFICIAL THREAD} EDEXCEL ONLY

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Akramrahman
Oh yeah so everyone thinks nitrogen cycle will come up but what will the other 6 marker be? It could be about natural selection??

Thermoregulation maybe. Could be something to do with evolution/speciation too
Original post by Taran001
5am or 5pm tomorrow?

5pm
Good luck :smile: See you on the other side
Reply 63
Original post by Mastermaxtoppen
I thought the Nitrogen cycle wasn't in paper 1?

How was the exam?
Reply 64
I'm in Southampton at the min its so stressful these exams!!!
How was the exam?

i thought it was ok, finished it like 2 hours ago :P

Can't say anything though :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by Mastermaxtoppen
i thought it was ok, finished it like 2 hours ago :P

Can't say anything though :smile:

Just had the exam what did you get for calcuating the growth after 1 week?
Just had the exam what did you get for calcuating the growth after 1 week?

Reply 68
Original post by TSlayerr

I hated that exam worse than any exam paper i have done
wtf was that bs first six marker
someone who got an a* put the answers u remember up
Original post by jihadi_john
someone who got an a* put the answers u remember up

Look at the six marketing wrote before. The six marker isn't about the whole nitrogen cycle but the bacteria in the nitrogen cycle instead
Second six marker in a nutshell:

1. Variation in species.
2. Overpopulation. Overproduction of offspring.
3. Struggle for existence. Environment not enough resources.
4.Survival (people with advantageous characteristics more likely to survive) competition with limited resources.
5. Will pass advantageous characteristics to offspring
6. Gradual change. Eventually ones without advantageous characteristics die out.
What did you write for sickle cel anaemia and malaria question?
I'm confident with how I've done, think I got an A*, the paper was a dream apart from a few iffy questions. I found the layout / setup overall of the paper was alot different to past papers!
Original post by caitlinford3
I'm confident with how I've done, think I got an A*, the paper was a dream apart from a few iffy questions. I found the layout / setup overall of the paper was alot different to past papers!

What do you mean about layout? And how did you answer sick cell and malaria question?
Original post by caitlinford3

What do you mean about layout? And how did you answer sickle cell and malaria question?
th efirst six marker i could literally only think of 4 marks
Original post by Akramrahman
What do you mean about layout? And how did you answer sickle cell and malaria question?

such as the one marker asking what a plant needs to grow, it was different from anything I've seen.

& I know this was the question I didn't get full marks in, but I basically said if you contract sickle cell disease you are resistant to malaria & wrote some stuff about passing on the allele. I highly doubt I got more than 2 marks in this question it was highly confusing
Reply 79
Didn't it say that people with sickle cell disease were less likely to get malaria not that they were immune?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending