Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm on the implant and my period is due soon, out of curiosity and in the heat of the moment , I asked my partner to orgasm in me, during it, My vagina kept pushing him out but he did ejaculate inside me. my question is, should I be worried? my period is due in less than a week ...if that makes any difference.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm on the implant and my period is due soon, out of curiosity and in the heat of the moment , I asked my partner to orgasm in me, during it, My vagina kept pushing him out but he did ejaculate inside me. my question is, should I be worried? my period is due in less than a week ...if that makes any difference.
    Your risk of pregnancy should be low since you are on the implant. There is still a chance though. I would suggest the morning after pill (from any pharmacy) to be safe. It is an option up to a couple days after unprotected sex but it will be less effective the later you use it.
    You could also check with a pharmacist or doctor.

Obviously if you don't get your period later you should be more worried and see a doctor and/ or take a test. I'd think your chances are low though.

(Original post by Kindred)
    Your risk of pregnancy should be low since you are on the implant. There is still a chance though. I would suggest the morning after pill (from any pharmacy) to be safe. It is an option up to a couple days after unprotected sex but it will be less effective the later you use it.
    You could also check with a pharmacist or doctor.

Obviously if you don't get your period later you should be more worried and see a doctor and/ or take a test. I'd think your chances are low though.
    Thank you, and I will wait a bit because my periods are irregular because of the implant anyway. I hope it's really low.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The implant is staggeringly reliable: even more so than you or your boyfriend having had a sterilisation op.

As well as being more reliable than any other form of contraception, as you say, it can also affect periods. But you're not pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    No, the implant is one of the most effective methods available so it's highly unlikely you're pregnant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by gemmam)
    No, the implant is one of the most effective methods available so it's highly unlikely you're pregnant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you, the good news is my period has arrived just incredibly faint, so , I am not pregnant
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thank you, the good news is my period has arrived just incredibly faint, so , I am not pregnant
    Horray!
    oh and a bit late but I think the implant is a like 1 in 100 fail rate or something so basically the same as coondoms.

Horray!
    oh and a bit late but I think the implant is a like 1 in 100 fail rate or something so basically the same as coondoms.
    yeah, but I don't fully trust it. don't know if that's normal...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    oh and a bit late but I think the implant is a like 1 in 100 fail rate or something so basically the same as condoms.
    Nooo! With a year of perfect use, about 2 in 100 women will be pregnant using male condoms and the typical use is significantly worse. It's less than 1 in 2,000 for the implant. There is nothing more reliable.

(Original post by unprinted)
    Nooo! With a year of perfect use, about 2 in 100 women will be pregnant using male condoms and the typical use is significantly worse. It's less than 1 in 2,000 for the implant. There is nothing more reliable.
    Interesting..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Put another way, after thirty years of having regular sex while using it, you have less than 1.5% chance of ever having been pregnant. Probably much less, but that's still less risky than one year of perfect condom use.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Google lied to me :O
    Should have checked better. Glad you were here to correct me.

Put another way, after thirty years of having regular sex while using it, you have less than 1.5% chance of ever having been pregnant. Probably much less, but that's still less risky than one year of perfect condom use.
    Fair enough, I just don't want to get pregnant during uni. so 2 years left ... want to be as safe as possible with my bf.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.