Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I'm going to the University of Liverpool next year as an exchange student. I'm currently searching for an accommodation (you guys know my pain). I'm not really interested in the uni's accommodation (too expensive for what it is and it's probably too late now as I wanted Crown or Carnatic) and neither being in a shared flat. So my only choice is to take a room in private halls.
    However I'm a bit lost, there are way too many private halls and they all sound too good to be true. So I wanted to know if anyone has some info, if you can recommend me something, or on the contrary which ones I should avoid because they have a bad rep/it’s a rip off.
    I selected a few private halls but I’m still hesitating ughh it’s annoying.

Thanks for your answer(s).

ReputationRep:
    Prodigy living looks good and is virtually on campus. The rest I don't think are brilliant.

Went to look around some other private halls and they were dodgy AF. Really quiet and eerie. The building was actually attached to Levels so not exactly in the best spot if you don't want to be kept up all night. Ideal if you're going out though :lol:
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ManelK)
    Hey all,

I'm going to the University of Liverpool next year as an exchange student. I'm currently searching for an accommodation (you guys know my pain). I'm not really interested in the uni's accommodation (too expensive for what it is and it's probably too late now as I wanted Crown or Carnatic) and neither being in a shared flat. So my only choice is to take a room in private halls.
    However I'm a bit lost, there are way too many private halls and they all sound too good to be true. So I wanted to know if anyone has some info, if you can recommend me something, or on the contrary which ones I should avoid because they have a bad rep/it’s a rip off.

There will still be time for Carnatic, I think, but Crown is overwhelmingly popular so maybe not there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by ManelK)
    Hey all,

We know it can be daunting when looking for accommodation for the first time. Good first step would be to drop the UoL accommodation office an email ([email protected]) as they might be able to help you narrow it down

But if do you have any questions on Great Newton House, we would be more than happy to help.

(Original post by .JC.)
    Prodigy living looks good and is virtually on campus.
    Hey JC, if you've booked with us for 2016/2017, come join our residents group to find your new flat mates! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1515912425370595

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.