The Student Room Group

Greater Maintenance Loan

I was going through the student finance application process earlier and i had applied for the greater maintenance loan and it said it would be checking what my household income is before it would decide.

The problem is I am currently in full time employment but will be leaving to study in September and i only live with my mother who works part time on a low income, so my question is when i apply for the greater maintenance loan will they know this or assume that the household income will remain the same?

any help would be much appreciated

(BTW I will be commuting from home Leicester to northampton)
Original post by lwil
I was going through the student finance application process earlier and i had applied for the greater maintenance loan and it said it would be checking what my household income is before it would decide.

The problem is I am currently in full time employment but will be leaving to study in September and i only live with my mother who works part time on a low income, so my question is when i apply for the greater maintenance loan will they know this or assume that the household income will remain the same?

any help would be much appreciated

(BTW I will be commuting from home Leicester to northampton)

Are you an independent or dependent student?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Are you an independent or dependent student?

dependant i think (sorry)

With working full time I'm currently paying alot towards bills but once I'm at uni will be dependent on the loan as my mother will still be on low income
Original post by lwil
dependant i think (sorry)

With working full time I'm currently paying alot towards bills but once I'm at uni will be dependent on the loan as my mother will still be on low income

If you re dependant then it should be off your mums earnings not yours.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
If you re dependant then it should be off your mums earnings not yours.

thankyou

Quick Reply

Latest