katieallenn
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,
I've signed up to do the EPQ, starting with planning in June. However, my draft question needs to be in soon. I was looking into Psychology courses for university so thought something based on child development or educational psychology would be beneficial. So basically I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on questions for me to base a 6,000 word dissertation on. Thank you
_Sinnie_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm not familiar with EPQ's. What is the scope of them? Is it purely based on existing literature? Can you/do you plan to conduct your own research?

You want something that is reasonably simple to investigate that has a minimum of confounding factors. A common one for university is the effect that different styles of music has on the ability to recall lists of words.
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did my epq on psychology and got an A*. Do you want to actually do it on child development? Or something else? Remember that psychology is a lotttt of different things that you can explore. If you're set on child development and the psychology associated, quote me and I'll come up with some potential questions for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by _Sinnie_)
I'm not familiar with EPQ's. What is the scope of them? Is it purely based on existing literature? Can you/do you plan to conduct your own research?

You want something that is reasonably simple to investigate that has a minimum of confounding factors. A common one for university is the effect that different styles of music has on the ability to recall lists of words.
You can do primary research if you'd like but as someone in sixth form it's probably a little difficult. I personally did mine on existing literature.

Posted from TSR Mobile
katieallenn
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Captivated)
I did my epq on psychology and got an A*. Do you want to actually do it on child development? Or something else? Remember that psychology is a lotttt of different things that you can explore. If you're set on child development and the psychology associated, quote me and I'll come up with some potential questions for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd like something focused around child development, or how children learn, that sort of thing. any help would be extremely appreciated, thank you
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by katieallenn)
I'd like something focused around child development, or how children learn, that sort of thing. any help would be extremely appreciated, thank you
How about maybe how bilingual children have developmental advantages in terms of memory or something of the sort?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Georgiaaa24
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can you help me with epq ideas that are related to child development?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?