Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I've signed up to do the EPQ, starting with planning in June. However, my draft question needs to be in soon. I was looking into Psychology courses for university so thought something based on child development or educational psychology would be beneficial. So basically I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on questions for me to base a 6,000 word dissertation on. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I'm not familiar with EPQ's. What is the scope of them? Is it purely based on existing literature? Can you/do you plan to conduct your own research?

You want something that is reasonably simple to investigate that has a minimum of confounding factors. A common one for university is the effect that different styles of music has on the ability to recall lists of words.

ReputationRep:
    I did my epq on psychology and got an A*. Do you want to actually do it on child development? Or something else? Remember that psychology is a lotttt of different things that you can explore. If you're set on child development and the psychology associated, quote me and I'll come up with some potential questions for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Sinnie_)
    I'm not familiar with EPQ's. What is the scope of them? Is it purely based on existing literature? Can you/do you plan to conduct your own research?

You want something that is reasonably simple to investigate that has a minimum of confounding factors. A common one for university is the effect that different styles of music has on the ability to recall lists of words.
    You can do primary research if you'd like but as someone in sixth form it's probably a little difficult. I personally did mine on existing literature.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captivated)
    I did my epq on psychology and got an A*. Do you want to actually do it on child development? Or something else? Remember that psychology is a lotttt of different things that you can explore. If you're set on child development and the psychology associated, quote me and I'll come up with some potential questions for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd like something focused around child development, or how children learn, that sort of thing. any help would be extremely appreciated, thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katieallenn)
    I'd like something focused around child development, or how children learn, that sort of thing. any help would be extremely appreciated, thank you
    How about maybe how bilingual children have developmental advantages in terms of memory or something of the sort?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can you help me with epq ideas that are related to child development?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.