Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This isn't a relationship as in girlfriend/boyfriend but as in friends Watch

ReputationRep:
    I lie. Not big lies but not white lies. Ive invented a cousin. She has the same name as a second cousin of mine but that's where the similarities commit suicide. Because were vlose and we go camping together and we'relike the best of friends. But in reality we never talk.
    I havent seen her in years. She might be dead.
    And my version of her is blonde, with green eyes and likes Harry Potter and Horse-riding. And these lies hurt no-one but myself. Because eventually my husband will want to invire her to our wedding. Or my best friend will come to Ireland with us one year.
    But I'm not a brave person. And I don't want to hurt my friends by letting them know this.
    So I let myself lie. And I worry because now I'm starting to believe in Jude myself.

ReputationRep:
    Are you high?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by faithki)
    I lie. Not big lies but not white lies. Ive invented a cousin. She has the same name as a second cousin of mine but that's where the similarities commit suicide. Because were vlose and we go camping together and we'relike the best of friends. But in reality we never talk.
    I havent seen her in years. She might be dead.
    And my version of her is blonde, with green eyes and likes Harry Potter and Horse-riding. And these lies hurt no-one but myself. Because eventually my husband will want to invire her to our wedding. Or my best friend will come to Ireland with us one year.
    But I'm not a brave person. And I don't want to hurt my friends by letting them know this.
    So I let myself lie. And I worry because now I'm starting to believe in Jude myself.
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    This sounds like an introduction to a story.

ReputationRep:
    Just say you fell out and don't talk any more and you don't wanna talk about it then stop lying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    This sounds like an introduction to a story.
    If it was, I don't think I'd read any further.

ReputationRep:
    The kids that do have imaginary friends stop having them, at the latest 12.
    I suggest you seek therapy immediately

ReputationRep:
    I would, as eternalflames suggested, seek help my lovely. They will be able to help you work through any problems which may have caused you to lie to people.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.