Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Want to get bigger as pretty twig like figure
    Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    Do the abdominal plank for an hour a day, I haven't been to the gym in my life and have a body builders body

ReputationRep:
    Eat clean and try to increase the amount of calories you take every day gradually so that your body can get used to the extra calories, instead of trying to add many extra meals in one day.
    Try using your own body weight first with push-ups, pull-ups, and dips, they would then make your body become stronger. Firstly aim to 5 every day then gradually increase to 10, 20 and then to how much you want to push yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C-rated)
    Do the abdominal plank for an hour a day, I haven't been to the gym in my life and have a body builders body
    An hour? Really?! I thought 5 minutes is an amazing time and 6 of those a day seems way too much.

ReputationRep:
    Take a sharp Knife and tear a bit of your skin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    An hour? Really?! I thought 5 minutes is an amazing time and 6 of those a day seems way too much.
    Half an hour twice a day, although I did once manage 61 minutes while watching a Simon Pegg movie

I couldn't move afterwards for an hour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C-rated)
    Half an hour twice a day, although I did once manage 61 minutes while watching a Simon Pegg movie

I couldn't move afterwards for an hour
    Wtf!? My arms crumple after 3 minutes. 2 minutes is meant to be be a good time! You're an inspiration dude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    Wtf!? My arms crumple after 3 minutes. 2 minutes is meant to be be a good time! You're an inspiration dude.
    I built it up over two years, 1minute>3.5minutes>6>10>15>20>30 >61
    It hurt like hell, but with the abdominal plank, it's mind over matter. Your arms won't cause you to fail unless you let them, if you force your arms to stay up, there's potentially no limit to what you can do. Although listening to music defo helps.

This guy is living proof of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbGy22UUBdA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jtomlin185)
    Want to get bigger as pretty twig like figure
    Any tips?
    Take steroids

ReputationRep:
    I'm joking, don't.

If you've got a skinny figure, you've got to eat more, but as mentioned above try to keep it clean. Aim to eat something every 2 hours. At first it's hard to do that with full meals so have you normal meals and fill in the gaps with snacks. That can include a few apples in one go (or other fruits), or try peanuts if you're not allergic. I tend to buy a bag of mixed nuts or oats and just nibble on them if I don't have time to snack, and they're a great protein source.

Just get yourself doing a home workout routine if you don't want to go to the gym. Do body weight exercises such as push ups (learn to do them properly to help increase range of motion and make every rep count). Personally I started off by doing them and sit ups 3 times a week and after a year when my body strengthened I bought some adjustable dumbbells and started using them. Got me into good shape.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.