Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help with driving lessons. Clutch control and turn in the road Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

These are probably gonna seem like silly questions but pls don't laugh, or mock you were all once learners too lol!

I really can't seem to get my head around clutch control even though im 8 lessons in. Last time I was coming down a narrow road and the driver oncoming showed no intention of pulling in so my instructor told me to and I did but stopped the car which assuming by my instructors sigh I wasn't to do (i'm guessing). In this situation am I supposed to slow the car down, drop the clutch shift down a gear and use clutch control?

Lastly, does anyone have any tips for mastering the 3 point turn, I managed one good one and the second one my mind went totally blank!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by netflixnchill)
    Hey,

These are probably gonna seem like silly questions but pls don't laugh, or mock you were all once learners too lol!

I really can't seem to get my head around clutch control even though im 8 lessons in. Last time I was coming down a narrow road and the driver oncoming showed no intention of pulling in so my instructor told me to and I did but stopped the car which assuming by my instructors sigh I wasn't to do (i'm guessing). In this situation am I supposed to slow the car down, drop the clutch shift down a gear and use clutch control?

Lastly, does anyone have any tips for mastering the 3 point turn, I managed one good one and the second one my mind went totally blank!
    To do a good three point turn you need be looking at the right /left door mirror and get the best view ar the bottom of the side of the car since when you do this manouvour the car will be at an angle so look at side which is closestto kurb and reverse wheel looked the way you need it and go back as far as you dare.

Additionally the scenario you talk about would be on a narrow road or land which pspassing places(point where car can stop and let other car/cars gong the other way passed ) . What should be done is first press brake to SLOW car not stop it and about 5-10 the car is literally dordaling release brake.PRESS CLUTCH in and and press brake again all the time steering the car to the desired stopping area . Hope this helped

Why do the mods move threads like this to News and Current Affairs? :scratchhead:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.