The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
India lol. Pakistans a shithole, **** that place.

Edit: ayy glitch in the system.

Posted from TSR Mobile
India obviously.
India- not biased:u:
Original post by Aztec123
India is much more of a disgusting dump (anyone who's been to both countries would tell you this), plus lots of intolerance there as well.

Look, this thread is about opinion. I've been to both countries and Pakistan was much more intolerant and a much bigger and more disgusting dump than India.
Reply 64
:fight:
:naughty:
:grouphugs:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
What did Somalia do to you? :laugh:

Nothing, it's just a grim country, like Pakistan.
Original post by BrokenLife
To y'all anti-Pakistanis, You ain't worth my time. Go find another hobby. Loving India doesn't mean you have to hate Pakistan. That's just pure insecurity. Why it occurs I've no idea but gosh, go get some help. Damn.

:adore: well-said!
To y'all anti-Pakistanis, You ain't worth my time. Go find another hobby. Loving India doesn't mean you have to hate Pakistan. That's just pure insecurity. Why it occurs I've no idea but gosh, go get some help. Damn.

Lol there's more hate for India on this thread compared to the hate for Pakistan.

So I shall reverse the word order in your post :tongue:

"To y'all anti-Indians, You ain't worth my time. Go find another hobby. Loving Pakistan doesn't mean you have to hate India. That's just pure insecurity. Why it occurs I've no idea but gosh, go get some help. Damn."
Original post by dalegeorge1
India because Kerala :colondollar:

Wooooo u been there?:banana:
Reply 69
Original post by Goddess Flora
Nothing, it's just a grim country, like Pakistan.

Interesting for you to talk about Somalia in that way like you have visited it, maybe through sky news and the media you have
Reply 70
Original post by TheGuyReturns
Which country is better and why?

whichever has the least isis. neither have toilets and poo in streets
<3
Original post by sadly
Interesting for you to talk about Somalia in that way like you have visited it, maybe through sky news and the media you have

I've been to Somalia.
Reply 72
Original post by goddess flora
i've been to somalia.

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr me matey
Original post by IndianMuslim
Lol there's more hate for India on this thread compared to the hate for Pakistan.

So I shall reverse the word order in your post :tongue:

"To y'all anti-Indians, You ain't worth my time. Go find another hobby. Loving Pakistan doesn't mean you have to hate India. That's just pure insecurity. Why it occurs I've no idea but gosh, go get some help. Damn."

Are you for real?! C'mon now, have a look at the thread again. Compare the hate for both countries, its obvious Pakistan is getting more hate. I could only see 2 negative comments about India.

But yes, you can use that for yourself as an Indian too. I've no issue with that. Remember, I'm not the one hating on countries.
Original post by TheBBQ
You fell right into my trap :teehee: I knew you'd come here :rofl:

But I am happy for you :smile: and I didn't know about the ambulance bit! I also do like qawwali too even if a lot of muslims don't like sufis in pakistan :colonhash:

I'll probably visit one day for some of my own history.

:biggrin:

Make me roti :slap:

Hmm..well, even if you were joking, one doesn't need a reason to love the country that gives them identity, whatever that identty must be.

Yes, you should visit Pakistan and you'll know why I'm always defending Pakistan . No, not only because I'm a Pakistani but also because Pakistan is one beautiful country with some of the genuine people you'll ever meet, so welcoming, yet negative connotations is all what people remember about Pakistan. Now that's sad.

Original post by asif007
Funny how you stick up for Pakistan but you prefer Indian men over Pakistani. :colonhash:

Original post by asif007
GTFO and write a proper sentence.

Oh yeah sure - "I love my country, I just refuse to date any man from my country". What a load of BS.

I don't really understand why you're so bothered about my preference. Everyone has preferences and so do I. Just because I'm in a relationship with an Indian man doesn't mean I hate my country. It just means we're humans who have hearts and we are attracted to each other. I never said I would never date a Pakistani guy. I always said that my preference is Indian men but if there's a nice Pakistani man, then I wouldn't see it as a deal breaker. That's all.
(edited 7 years ago)
I am neutral in this, having no links to either country.

But the difference in the progress of the two nations since independence is staggering. India is a burgeoning democracy, with a stable political system and will become a geopolitical power in this century.

Pakistan is a failed state. Feudal, backward, corrupt, with a failing economy.

They had the exactly the same Imperial history so the divergent paths the two nations have taken since independence is highly instructive.
Are you for real?! C'mon now, have a look at the thread again. Compare the hate for both countries, its obvious Pakistan is getting more hate. I could only see 2 negative comments about India.

But yes, you can use that for yourself as an Indian too. I've no issue with that. Remember, I'm not the one hating on countries.

I'm not against you......... But i've met a hell of a lot paki people who say sh*t about India when they have neither
(a)been to India nor
(b) know anything about what they are even talking about!

I do accept there are a lot of Indians who talk about the same kind of sh*t as well!

But off course, everyone wont be like u or me:colondollar:

Cosidering OP's question, I would say India is a much more developed and diverse country!(No hate in Pak!)

I recently saw in a movie that there are people in pakistan who dosnt allow girls to go to school:frown: is it true?
Original post by If u dont mind
I'm not against you......... But i've met a hell of a lot paki people who say sh*t about India when they have neither
(a)been to India nor
(b) know anything about what they are even talking about!

I do accept there are a lot of Indians who talk about the same kind of sh*t as well!

But off course, everyone wont be like u or me:colondollar:

Cosidering OP's question, I would say India is a much more developed and diverse country!(No hate in Pak!)

I recently saw in a movie that there are people in pakistan who dosnt allow girls to go to school:frown: is it true?

Met such Indians too as you said. Its rather individuals.

Anyhow, you are entitled to support your country just like I am. Its actually good to see people defending their countries but it gets dirty when they lose respect for other countries.

Yes, just like there are certain villages of India where women do not go to schools. Its sad but tis true for both countries. :frown:
Reply 78
Original post by JezWeCan!
I am neutral in this, having no links to either country.

But the difference in the progress of the two nations since independence is staggering. India is a burgeoning democracy, with a stable political system and will become a geopolitical power in this century.

Pakistan is a failed state. Feudal, backward, corrupt, with a failing economy.

They had the exactly the same Imperial history so the divergent paths the two nations have taken since independence is highly instructive.

Well....... to be fair, "feudal, backward and corrupt" can also apply to India as well (I'm of Indian origin btw)
But I think the difference would probably be the magnitude of those issues and how willing civil society is to act on those problems.
For example; India, despite being a much larger country, with a much larger population still is considered to be less corrupt than Pakistan (by Transparency International).

Anyhow, you are entitled to support your country just like I am. Its actually good to see people defending their countries but it gets dirty when they lose respect for other countries.

I haven't got a dog in this fight. India and Pakistan are just two foreign countries to me.

But the OP asks which is the better country and why? India is a far bigger economy and the difference is getting larger every day as it powers ahead, while Pakistan stagnates.

India has a stable democracy and a reasonably independent judiciary. Pakistan doesn't by comparison.

India has ethnic tensions, it is true. But Pakistan is in the grip of an Islamist insurgency encouraged by its own intelligence service.

For goodness sake Osama Bin Laden chose to hole up in Pakistan! Do you think no-one in that country knew??

Saying these things is not "hating" on a country it is just dispassionately stating facts.

And if these aren't facts, it what I say isn't true, provide some evidence.

Latest