The Student Room Group

Starting a new course at a new uni?

Hey,

How do I go about starting a new course at a new uni from first year, as if this current first year didn't count. I don't want to/can't afford to pay back my SF in full for this year, so I'm completing the year to waive this, if possible.

I've already accepted an unconditional and booked my accommodation at my new uni, I just need to know how I should inform SFE and my uni about the situation...

In post edit: before I finished posting this, I finished an email to my uni's student advice department asking what I should do, as the registry said if I withdraw early, I may be liable to repay fees/student loan in full. Thoughts are appreciated here regardless!
Original post by SP0TIFY
Hey,

How do I go about starting a new course at a new uni from first year, as if this current first year didn't count. I don't want to/can't afford to pay back my SF in full for this year, so I'm completing the year to waive this, if possible.

I've already accepted an unconditional and booked my accommodation at my new uni, I just need to know how I should inform SFE and my uni about the situation...

In post edit: before I finished posting this, I finished an email to my uni's student advice department asking what I should do, as the registry said if I withdraw early, I may be liable to repay fees/student loan in full. Thoughts are appreciated here regardless!

Finish the year. In August send a change of circumstances form through to SFE explaining the new course and notify your university that you won't be returning for second year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending