Turn on thread page Beta

divorce claims yet another male victim on the misc watch

ReputationRep:
    'i'm in the final phases of divorce and my angus was not peppered for the smashing it has been repeatedly receiving. i have 6 figure income and 0 debt, excluding our home, which i built before we were married. no credit card debt, student loans, automobile installment loans, nada. my wife works 2 days/week, has an average income of $35k annually and $40k of student loan, credit card and vehicle debt. during the cash equalization process i found out that she is entitled to half of all MY savings, 401K and assets. and it gets even better-i am obligated to half of all HER debt acquired during marriage. it's complete bull**** and it's not even close to fair but that's the way it is. prenup or GTFO

btw my total out of pocket payout combined with child support and insurance for the kids is slightly north of $360,000....... '

ReputationRep:
    You are divorcing?!
    Hmmmmmm

ReputationRep:
    On one hand I would consider getting a prenup, but then it would seem I would not trust my partner. However it is perhaps a pragmatic thing to do. I do not understand why marriage means you are entitled to own the others persons' assets in the first place...

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    On one hand I would consider getting a prenup, but then it would seem I would not trust my partner. However it is perhaps a pragmatic thing to do. I do not understand why marriage means you are entitled to own the others persons' assets in the first place...

would you buy a car without car insurance?
    nothing in life is fail-proof
    i dont see why ppl see marriage as something that this rule doesnt apply to

he said a prenup wouldnt have helped him at all
    even though he built the house before ever meeting her, and it was registerd to HIM, she still gets 50% of value of home improvements they made on the house whilst together, which is $80,000

ReputationRep:
    Isnt there some sort of waiver you can sign of before marriage so **** like this doesn't happen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally)
    Isnt there some sort of waiver you can sign of before marriage so **** like this doesn't happen?
    thats like going skydiving and asking if you can be reincarnated if you die

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straighthate)
    thats like going skydiving and asking if you can be reincarnated if you die
    I just did a search and such a contract exists. Though most guys are too embarrased/ or believe ita too akward to get her to sign it, but honestly looking at the divorce rates in the UK its just being realistic.
    That or just don't get married

ReputationRep:
    RIP

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.