Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi people
    My son doing 3 years biomedicine course and he is in second year of biomedical. he finished his first year and he has done very well in the firs year. he says he got 83. in the second year he has been offered scholarship for converting into medicine course in another university if he done biomedicine successfully ( what he always wanted). he has passed the interview and 3 exam in regarding of scholarship and he says another two exam left to do. his second year subject exams will start in May and his two scholarship exams also are in the may. he is really under a huge pressure and he start panicking if he can pass all of the exams? he already knows that he has to retake one of the second year exam and he is worry what would happen to him if in case he fail more than one exam in second year? As a father I am very worry about my son and who don't know much about todays university system wondering if there is any one with similar experience and may any suggestion. thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi,

I'm Rob, a second year civil engineer at Bath.

The best thing to do if there are any concerns is to encourage your son to discuss his situation with a member of staff. A head or year or personal tutor will be able to give advice directly linked to his modules and what it may mean if he were to fail. It all depends on a lot of things and how well he has previously done, but I can give a little insight.

The university require 40% in order to pass. If your son gets just bellow this, then he may get a condoned pass (he won't have to re-sit). If he fails one or two, then resits will probably be offered in the summer. If he fails a lot then it may be that he has to resit the whole year. These are the three scenarios that may occur however as I said above, it is best if your son speaks to a member of staff who will be able to give more specific details based on his modules.

I hope that helps,

Rob

(Original post by unidad)
    Hi people
    My son doing 3 years biomedicine course and he is in second year of biomedical. he finished his first year and he has done very well in the firs year. he says he got 83. in the second year he has been offered scholarship for converting into medicine course in another university if he done biomedicine successfully ( what he always wanted). he has passed the interview and 3 exam in regarding of scholarship and he says another two exam left to do. his second year subject exams will start in May and his two scholarship exams also are in the may. he is really under a huge pressure and he start panicking if he can pass all of the exams? he already knows that he has to retake one of the second year exam and he is worry what would happen to him if in case he fail more than one exam in second year? As a father I am very worry about my son and who don't know much about todays university system wondering if there is any one with similar experience and may any suggestion. thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 22, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.