Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been scouring absolutely everywhere, but I can't find a single source for this, despite it being cited across plenty of sources (though always with an absent reference section). Am I missing something? Wrong year? I've searched multiple journal articles, books, everywhere. I don't even mind if it's in French, or a review he did after the fact.

Has anyone managed to find the source for it?

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was a joke on the permanence of a hidden phenomenon.

Try 'La construction du real chez l'enfant' (1950)?

ReputationRep:
    I've found these, unfortunately they're mostly books:

Piaget, J. (1952). The origins of intelligence in children. New York: International Universities Press.
    Piaget, J. (1954). The construction of reality in the child (M. Cook, Trans.).
    Piaget, J. (1964). Part I: Cognitive development in children: Piaget development and learning. Journal of research in science teaching, 2(3), 176-186.
    Piaget, J. (1963). The Psychology of Intelligence. Totowa, New Jersey: Littlefield Adams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeTSR)
    I've been scouring absolutely everywhere, but I can't find a single source for this, despite it being cited across plenty of sources (though always with an absent reference section). Am I missing something? Wrong year? I've searched multiple journal articles, books, everywhere. I don't even mind if it's in French, or a review he did after the fact.

Has anyone managed to find the source for it?
    IS this the object permenance test? Piaget didn't publish like modern psychologists in journals very often - mostly books that don't really follow a structure that is common today. Its described in page 14 psychology of the child for an accessible intro

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.