Does Piaget's Blanket & Ball study actually exist?

Watch this thread
JoeTSR
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've been scouring absolutely everywhere, but I can't find a single source for this, despite it being cited across plenty of sources (though always with an absent reference section). Am I missing something? Wrong year? I've searched multiple journal articles, books, everywhere. I don't even mind if it's in French, or a review he did after the fact.

Has anyone managed to find the source for it?
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
I thought this was a joke on the permanence of a hidden phenomenon.

Try 'La construction du real chez l'enfant' (1950)?
_Sinnie_
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I've found these, unfortunately they're mostly books:

Piaget, J. (1952). The origins of intelligence in children. New York: International Universities Press.
Piaget, J. (1954). The construction of reality in the child (M. Cook, Trans.).
Piaget, J. (1964). Part I: Cognitive development in children: Piaget development and learning. Journal of research in science teaching, 2(3), 176-186.
Piaget, J. (1963). The Psychology of Intelligence. Totowa, New Jersey: Littlefield Adams.
iammichealjackson
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JoeTSR)
I've been scouring absolutely everywhere, but I can't find a single source for this, despite it being cited across plenty of sources (though always with an absent reference section). Am I missing something? Wrong year? I've searched multiple journal articles, books, everywhere. I don't even mind if it's in French, or a review he did after the fact.

Has anyone managed to find the source for it?
IS this the object permenance test? Piaget didn't publish like modern psychologists in journals very often - mostly books that don't really follow a structure that is common today. Its described in page 14 psychology of the child for an accessible intro
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (18)
18.95%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (33)
34.74%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
5.26%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
2.11%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (9)
9.47%
Reading articles about what steps to take (18)
18.95%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
4.21%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
6.32%

Watched Threads