Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So, there is this gal that's going to the same uni as me. We've talked over social media, mainly in a group chat and I've become infatuated with her.
    It makes me so happy just to talk to her and I dread knowing that I may very well repeat what I did with the only other gal I've been attracted to, where I didn't act upon my feelings and remained as friends.

I'm not confident in my ability to straight up tell her how I feel and I'd much prefer to show it in some other way when I get to uni.

What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So, there is this gal that's going to the same uni as me. We've talked over social media, mainly in a group chat and I've become infatuated with her.
    It makes me so happy just to talk to her and I dread knowing that I may very well repeat what I did with the only other gal I've been attracted to, where I didn't act upon my feelings and remained as friends.

I'm not confident in my ability to straight up tell her how I feel and I'd much prefer to show it in some other way when I get to uni.

What should I do?
    Instead of just dumping your feeling on her, maybe ask her out on a date? Take her to the movies or go out for a nice meal, that way you can gauge how she feels rather than confessing how you feel which might turn things sour.
    Its not a bad idea to just tell her, if you think she feels the same you can still go out for a date or you can just say how you feel, it'll cost you less ;D
    Jokes aside I would just play it safe, go out on a date and you can go from there. If she seems interested on the date and even more so after, it's looking good. Im sure she will also have an idea that it'll be a date and not just a casual meal, if not then drop hints!

Hope this helped pal

ReputationRep:
    Obviously the simplest option is going to be to tell her upfront how you feel, because 9 times out of 10 we dont know how you feel! I would tell her before going to university in my honest opinion. Just seeing if she wants to hang our or go to the cinema or something. If she says she just wants to remain friends, you would then be able to still be friendly with her, and maybe meet another girl who is interested in you?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.