Lol whut? These are actually real?
    What are actually real? :eek3:
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    And 1 time you wont:

When you have to clean the toilet (especially after you've been ill/hungover).
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by PQ)
    And 1 time you wont:

When you have to clean the toilet (especially after you've been ill/hungover).
    This is going to be in the follow up article :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    When you use a menstrual cup and have to clean it. I would not appreciate someone banging on the door if I'm trying to remove/clean/reinsert the damn thing, it's tricky enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurplePixie96)
    When you use a menstrual cup and have to clean it. I would not appreciate someone banging on the door if I'm trying to remove/clean/reinsert the damn thing, it's tricky enough!
    Haha yeah I was going to say. I think ensuite is worth it for girls, but not necessarily guys. There's so much that happens during the menstrual cycle that only girls have to deal with and it's way better to have some privacy and no time limits

ReputationRep:
    Massive believer in having an en suite.

ReputationRep:
    I think a basin is enough personally but the small talk on the way to the toilet thing has never been more true, have definitely been dragged on a night out after meeting someone on the way out

ReputationRep:
    That moment when you want to be with your loved one in the shower and you don't want anyone banging on the door

ReputationRep:
    Short version: when you're a maladjusted freak.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The main reason universities like having en suite rooms is that they can charge more, both to students and to out of term residential conferences (when there's typically at least £10 a day premium...)

You very probably don't have an en suite at home, and anyone who can't think of a lot better things to do with c£1,200 a year than pay to have your own private toilet has some serious problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    The main reason universities like having en suite rooms is that they can charge more, both to students and to out of term residential conferences (when there's typically at least £10 a day premium...)

You very probably don't have an en suite at home, and anyone who can't think of a lot better things to do with c£1,200 a year than pay to have your own private toilet has some serious problems.
    For most people it's a luxury, but you should never forget that there are people with certain health problems for whom it's a godsend.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very true.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure there's a difference between sharing a bathroom with your family and sharing with 4-12 random students. I chose an ensuite because i can afford one and i refuse to go to an accommodation without one.

Ironically the people who reply with posts like yours are the ones that were forced to (rather than chose to) share a bathroom

ReputationRep:
    Very true.
    Also, like I mentioned a while ago, it holds more benefits for girls than for guys.

ReputationRep:
    This article is spot on. Spot. On.

I wish I had en suite at uni.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Lawliettt)
    Ironically the people who reply with posts like yours are the ones that were forced to (rather than chose to) share a bathroom
    No, I had a wide range of halls to choose from for my undergraduate studies, and went for one with shared bathrooms rather than en suite. Amongst other things, that meant we had baths as well as ('rather than just') showers.

And more money.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Lawliettt)
    I chose an ensuite because i can afford one and i refuse to go to an accommodation without one.
    And when you go into second year and get a shared house?

Or are you planning on living in private halls throughout your course?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.