Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Adversity is tough. I have been through it several times. When I got 8A* in my GCSE mocks and my Dad threatened to kick me from the house, when my first real love refused to leave her boyfriend for me, or when my cow, Joban2, was critically ill from a blocked udder.

So how do you deal with it?

Well the thing not to do is to blame things. People blame:

Parents
    Friends
    Politics
    Racism
    Social circumstances
    The weather
    Advisors

PEOPLE BLAME EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING apart from themselves....

They lash out at other people and try and discredit their legitimate achievements.

This is not productive. It is not going to help the situation.

The first step to a recovery is blame yourself and realise that YOU are in control. It is up to you.

You are going to do it. Life is going throw obstacles at you and you're just going say, "life, get out of my way". And it's going to work.

This is what I did, and I got through many significant challenges. Whereas others just blame it on other people.

ReputationRep:
    First in !

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banta.claus.)
    The problem with blaming someone or something else is that it removes the situation from under your control.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    The problem with blaming someone or something else is that it removes the situation from under your control.
    I agree

ReputationRep:
    O.O

Sir yes sir.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Terrible advice, especially with a site with many self harmers and people suffereing from depression. If you mean people should take responsibility that helps, but if you mean that people shoild blame themselves, then no. In many situation other people are to blame, such as sexual abuse. Taking the blame for that is stupid and harmful.

ReputationRep:
    So you have uncover the truth for the first time............ So you think people don't know it ???????

ReputationRep:
    Ok Churchill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Terrible advice, especially with a site with many self harmers and people suffereing from depression. If you mean people should take responsibility that helps, but if you mean that people shoild blame themselves, then no. In many situation other people are to blame, such as sexual abuse. Taking the blame for that is stupid and harmful.
    I think may be blame is a harsh word

Taking responsibility then

Too often you see people who take no responsibility. They are fixated on "the system" and subconsciously they are accepting that they are powerless.

ReputationRep:
    Not feeling it here. Had hoped for more insight. Silly me, that's my fault.

ReputationRep:

To answer your question, I use whatever skills I have and my past experiences to think of the best way out of the problem and then do my best

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.