The Student Room Group

Why is Zac Goldsmith saying Sadiq Khan is unprincipled?

Why would he say that?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ffs
He wants to be Mayor of London.
because he
changes his mind
like a girl
changes clothes
he wants Sadiq in a bad way.
Isn't it obvious?
Reply 6
Original post by JGFHDRT
Why would he say that?

Because he is a terrorist sympathiser
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Because he knows his policies are **** so he's going for the man.

like the labour party never does this to the tories?
Hasn't Labour taken the high ground on this and poor old Zac is down there in the pit of desperation, trying to sling mud around and hoping some of it would stick?

how have they taken the high ground to endorse a candidate that supported a radical fundamentalist?
Original post by JGFHDRT
Why would he say that?

Because his campaign has been nothing more than a smear campaign to get support and trying to get Khan out of the running.

Original post by Omen96
Because he is a terrorist sympathiser

Except he's not. He voted in favour of gay marriage even after receiving death threats. He had a fatwa issued against him and was condemned by British-based hardline Muslim clerics, who have accused him of ‘selling out’ his religion.
Original post by BubbleBoobies
how have they taken the high ground to endorse a candidate that supported a radical fundamentalist?

A candidate who, despite being Muslim, voted for same-sex marriage after receiving death threats, and had the same fundamentalist preacher removed from his mosque.
Tory supporters read the titles of Daily Mail articles then take word as bond, then use it in arguments on forums like tsr 😂
Original post by DMcGovern
A candidate who, despite being Muslim, voted for same-sex marriage after receiving death threats, and had the same fundamentalist preacher removed from his mosque.

he shared a platform with him 10 times
Reply 13
Original post by DMcGovern
Because his campaign has been nothing more than a smear campaign to get support and trying to get Khan out of the running.

Except he's not. He voted in favour of gay marriage even after receiving death threats. He had a fatwa issued against him and was condemned by British-based hardline Muslim clerics, who have accused him of ‘selling out’ his religion.

Only half of that is true. What else is true is the fact he has shared platforms with extremists and terrorists on multiple occasions, all while knowing what they were. He has shared platforms with organisations who support or fail to recognise ISIS as a terror organisation. He has actually defended more clients in court (when he was a lawyer) on charges of terrorism/extremism than any other crime. Why is he attracted to defending terrorists. Few lawyers have that statistic on their record. He has publicly stood with terrorists.

You can say it's a coincidence but you have to be a real retard (and therefore not qualified for mayor) to make that mistake 100s of times
Oh dear. Tory supporters seem to be one trick ponies...

I'm not even a "tory supporter" - I didn't vote for them last year, for instance. but zac goldsmith as an individual politician is both a very democratic *and* libertarian politician, so I can't help but favour him over sadiq. there are very few politicians like zac goldsmith - the closest I can think of is either carswell or hannan
Reply 15
Original post by the bear
he wants Sadiq in a bad way.

That's not answering the question.
Reply 16
Original post by Omen96
Only half of that is true. What else is true is the fact he has shared platforms with extremists and terrorists on multiple occasions, all while knowing what they were. He has shared platforms with organisations who support or fail to recognise ISIS as a terror organisation. He has actually defended more clients in court (when he was a lawyer) on charges of terrorism/extremism than any other crime. Why is he attracted to defending terrorists. Few lawyers have that statistic on their record. He has publicly stood with terrorists.

You can say it's a coincidence but you have to be a real retard (and therefore not qualified for mayor) to make that mistake 100s of times

What is the definition of Terrorist?
Tory supporter - You support a person that is part of the Conservative Party.

zac goldsmith is barely a "tory" seeing as he disagrees with the party on a lot of issues. he might he right wing, but he isn't "conservative".

I can't help but loathe a person who tries to character assassinate other people and gets his cronies to do the same from a national standpoint, and without even a robust case.

how is it a character assassination when he himself shared that platform with the extremist? it would be an "assassination" surely if it was a matter of framing or lies?

The Tories are in favour of competition, but only when the chips are stacked on their side. They can't win so they try playing ugly.

Despicable.

again, are you *really* telling me the labour party never does this?
Sadiq Khan is a shady guy- we have no idea what side he's on as he always changes his opinion. He also supports Jeremy Corbyn, let me repeat that: JEREMY CORBYN. Nuff said.
So he's only standing for the Conservatives because they have the infrastructure and reach that he wouldn't have if he was an independent?

So that makes him a hypocrite to boot too? I thought he couldn't sink any lower but you're starting to prove that he can.

yup, but it would make jeremy corbyn, dennis skinner, kate hoey etc equally "hypocritical" because they are much further left than the labour party overall, aren't they. so you're saying that they should switch parties or else they're hypocrites. well in that case, a party will *never* change, will it?

The charge being that the person is an extremist because he supports IS, which is a criminal offence in E&W, as of yet, remains unproven.

:lol: is that really your primary defence, here? wow.

The Labour Party doesn't seek to remove hundreds of thousands of electoral voters in one fell sweep, and doesn't seek to gerry-mander the number of seats available in Parliament.

how is this really going to remove potentially sadiq supporters? if it's a lie, like you implied, how would it? also, gerry mandering in the UK *provably* is to the advantage of the labour party. look it up.

It also doesn't try and stuff the HoL with as many peers as it dares to put through in an attempt to subvert the scrutiny process that the HoL is there to engage in.

yeah and I don't even support the HOL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending